1500, need suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500, need suggestions

HQ - 140 pts.
    Lord
    - Resurrection Orb

Troops - 360 pts.
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Fast Attack - 500 pts.
    5 Destroyer
    5 Destroyer

Elite - 168 pts.
    4 Flayed Ones with D-Fields

Heavy - 315 pts.
    2 Heavy Destroyer
    2 Heavy Destroyer
    1 Tomb Spyder

1483 pts. total

This is going to be my first 1500 pts. battle, so I will appreciate any suggestions about this list, especially how to spend the remaining points My main opponents are going to be Sisters of Battle, Tyranids, Imperial Guard and Grey Knights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hey Napalm, Welcome to LO! And welcome to the Necron Tomb.

For a general "take all comers" list, I prefer having 3 squads of warriors. This way you are assured tactical flexibility in an objectives mission, and your phalanx is overall stronger.

Squads of 5 destroyers aren't really necessary at 1500 if you ask me. Others may disagree but I find squads of 3 or 4 are still very powerful. This would open up points to include the aforementioned warrior squads. Try and get these in a bit of cover, and use them to control firing lanes. Your opponents tend to shoot them first.

The flayed ones should work rather well against SoB and Imperial guard, and reasonably well against Tyranids, The Grey Knights are going to paste them though, be prepared for it. Flayed ones really are not front-line combat units. They work against light infantry, and snipers/heavy weapon teams, and can do a bit against vehicles. Think of them as assassins instead of soldiers, they fare better that way. Remember to utilize their mobility.

On that note, remember to utilize EVERYTHING'S mobility. Despite being forced to footslog, our jetbike and deepstrike elements can allow far more movement than enemies often expect.

The Heavy Destroyers will really come into their own against the IG, and Tyranids. Their high power shots can zap tanks, and put steady wounds on carnifex. Make sure to focus your fire, and create fire lanes that your opponent won't want to cross.

The spyder can be a pivot point for your destroyer/flayed one squads, allowing them to move around with more freedom, creating opportunities to hit side armor or flank around cover. OR you can use them like I do, and bum rush them straight up the middle at your opponent to waste their bullets. Keep one scarab base around for extra wounds against shooting.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I like to have one unit of Warriors for each 500pts. So that's two at 1000, three at 1500 and four at 2000. This gives me a good, solid scoring base force to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RDL_Napalm View Post
    HQ - 140 pts.
    Lord
    - Resurrection Orb
    Ehm, you got 17 pts left, right?

You can get GoF or phylactery if you like. That can save your life against waves of tyranids, or give you Lord a little more durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for these answers, they gave me new insight for tweaking my army for incoming battle. I'm going to try it like this:

HQ - 140 pts.
    Lord
    - Resurrection Orb

Troops - 540 pts.
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Fast Attack - 336 pts.
    3 Destroyer
    3 Destroyer
    3 Scarab Swarm

Elite - 168 pts.

Heavy - 315 pts.
    2 Heavy Destroyer
    2 Heavy Destroyer
    1 Tomb Spyder

1499 pts. total

As always your criticisms and advices are most welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good improvement to the list.

Just one thing though, lose the scarabs. They are incredibly ineffective when fielded in squads of 3 or 4. If you plan to field scarabs, field them in at least a unit of 7 or more swarms. They need lots of wounds and lots of attacks to be effective. Although I can see that you're stretched for points, then don't bother fielding the scarabs.

Instead, use those 35 points leftover to field an additional flayed one (if you can) or better still, give your lord gaze of flame and maybe another artifact as per FKellog's suggestion. It'll be a much better points for value deal.

Just my thoughts on this.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

+ Reply to Thread