1500 points different - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

1500 points different

Well my look for a new 40k army after selling my necrons continues, demon hunters and witch hunters were a little to dull and i was bored out of my mind( Ps both armies are cool it just mech armies are way to boring for me, i prefer infantry based stuff with little to no tanks). So now it goes onto eldar. Looking at all the lists they all are very similar and mech based so i wanted to try out a new approach and maybe spice things up for eldar alittle. So here is my list roughly.

Autarch
    bike,mandiblasters,fusion gun, power wepon

5 path finders

5 path finders

12 guardians
    BL,warlock, embolden

12 guardians
    BL,warlock, embolden

3 vypers
    Bl

3 vypers
    Bl

3 vypers
    starcannons

5 reapers
    exxarch, tempest launcher, crack shot

So what do you guys think? Please advice i dont want mech so dont tell me to get guardians in transport or DA in one

Last edited by p0lak; November 29th, 2009 at 15:54.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

with guardians Bs3 i suggest scatter laser over brightlance, you have enough vyper brightlances anyway.
    Apart from that i'll be interested to other people's opinion and how it works out for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop the extra armour/spirit stones, grouped vipers automatically count as having spirit stones.
    With the spare points you can buy 4 jetbikes for a mobile scoring unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warlock needs a power (personal preference is for embolden), i definitely think scatter lasers are better than bright lances on troops (eldar missile launcher if you really want anti tank with them)

as for the vypers i'd remove 3 and turn the other 6 into 3 squads of 2. an autarch could also be droped too for a farseer with doom spirit stones and fortune (good for rangers and pretty much everything).

your stationary component of the army is pretty vunerable to melee and can be totaled at range (they need to out range/be in cover) so it would probably be worth putting points into something that is reasonably tough or fast that can hold your line and assist the autarch in counter assault, striking scorpions or harliquins could work in this role sitting behind cover until the enemy hits your lines and a possible transport (scorps in WS) for when they are needed up in the front lines.

it looks like a very interesting list and i'm keen to see how it goes some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

Well i have made changes to my army to add more fire power. I also prefer to have BL on the guardians as they can hit and kill tanks, and as most play anti tank the more the better i think.the autarch add another element of anti tank and reapers are just outright dirty. So what do you guys think? Do vypers really get stones for being grouped?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about spirit stones
    no, but it has the same effect: on page 64 damaging squadrones, as long as there is more than 1 vehicle in a squadron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your second list is better, i'd probably drop one pathfinder unit for a farseer of some kind or maybe a small counter charge unit (storm guardians?), the dark reapers especially will need some form of protection, if points need to be shaved i'd be dropping the exarch from the dark reapers.

also dem guaridans shuld be in tramsports

+ Reply to Thread