2000pt Iyanden - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt Iyanden

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

2000pt Iyanden

I've just started an Iyanden army and i was wondering how to progress. Anyway, heres the list.

Hq
    Farseer w/ bike, fortune, s stones and guide 155

Troops
    10 guardians w/ brightlance
    10 avengers w/ exarch, bladestorm and wave serpent w/ scatter lasers.
    10 Wraithguard w/ spiritseer, conceal (sometimes enhance) and singing spear

Elites
    10 howling banshees w/ wave serpent w/ twin linked scatter lasers, star engines
    7 harlequins w/ 7 harly kisses and shadowseer

Heavy Support
    Falcon w/ starcannon
    Wraithlord w/ shruiken cannon, brightlance (so it can fight hordes or vehiles)
    Wraithlord w/ wraithsword, star cannon

Tactics
    Wg, Wls and avatar move in big group forwards. Wg peel off when reaching a near enemy objective.
    Howling banshees and harlies move up the wings, banshees are shock troopers and harlequins will scare people towards center where everything can then attack them.
    Avengers pick off weak squads and help where needed.
    Farseer turboboosts around the board, using powers where needed.
    Guardians are objective holders.

I basically move up the board whilst pushing their whole army into one point in the middle and then surround them and kill them all.

Comments and critiscisms welcome and wanted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

please comment. please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Is anyone free to help? I really need an opinionon this list. Thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting list. However i would swap your farseer for eldrad ulthran. much more powerful and not that many more points. I would change the falcon to a fire prism. And also i would get fire dragons, they're very good at taking out tanks. Striking scorpions would be good for melee too. and if you're going to use guardians i would upgrade them to storm guardians. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thought is that with the farseer on a bike but by himself he may present a nice target to your opponent

One other thing that i would say is that if you have your planned advance up the middle then people may be more likely to for the flanks rather than the middle, a lot would depend on what your opponent is like i guess

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

If i went second i would set the spirithost group opposite their best combat units/ expensive tanks, and everything else would move up the opposite side as a distraction from the awesomeness.
    However I see what you mean with both points. An attack up the middle is obvious but maybe its so obvious that they won't be expecting it. The plan was originally for the harlies and banshees to cut off their flanks so they coudn't surround me but as you say, it would depend on my opponent.
    The farseer on a bike will be turboboosting every turn as he does not need to travel normally to cast guide and fortune. This gives him a 3+ cover, 4+ inv and 3+ armour but if the cover is failed he is still killed by S6 and above.

Your comments have been very helpful and i would appreciate more.
    note. the farseer from now on is not going to go in front of the army but behind where other eldar are in the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also take out your harlequins and wraithguard. they're just too expensive. Avengers, storm guardians, scorpions, and fire dragons are very good. Scorpions get a ton of attacks, Fire dragons have very powerful guns, avengers are your bsic infantry and storm guardians are a better deal than regualr guardians. Also fire prisms have a very nice large radius attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is making an Iyanden list, he kind of, needs to have wraithguard.

If you have banshees you need doom. I would change guide with doom. No matter how many saves you get your farseer will still be too much in the open. Too risky but up to you. If you want you can stick em next to the banshees w/o a jetbike.

Avatar is a better choice then Yriel imo for this list. It will keep up with the attacking wraithlords

If you take an Avatar Guardians can either sit back on an objective or walk behind it depending on the situation but either way i dont think a BL is a good choice. Low shot count, low BS is just a bad combo and too many points. I would take Scatter Laser instead and let other do the tank hunting. Also If you happen to have points and take a warlock it might help with wraithsight for those annihilation games(no objective to hold) where guardians stick with the big guys after the WG break off.

Give the DA exarch some weapon, preferably dual shuricats.

I would take a Banshee exarch with either of the weapons. Even if you have to take 9 instead of 10 of em.

For all WSs I happen to like shuriken cannons more than scatter cause they will be moving up, they dont really need the range. Yes you loose 1 shot but its dirt cheap. I either go Cannons, EML, or BL depending on the points.

That falcon seems odd there. It doesnt have anything to carry. I would either create something for it to carry (maybe take out harlies and put in 6 fire dragons inside the falcon??) and change the starcannon with something else (scatter or EML?) or take the falcon out completely and put another wraithlord.

For WL's I personally like the BL/EML combo. I would probably switch the first one to that. I feel like second one with the sword can benefit from scatter laser more. It happens to do more for me than starcannon. If you see termies just charge em with your banshees.

Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread