1500 list works wonders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

1500 list works wonders

Deceiver - 300

10x warriors - 180
    10x warriors - 180
    11x warriors - 180

4x Destroyers - 200
    4x Destroyers - 200

Monolith - 235

Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed this list works wonders.

But it can go to pieces if your opponent is smart enough to ignore the deceiver and just pie plate your warriors. Without a ResOrb on site, your opponent will hit that PO button within the first few turns.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by the_pariah7 View Post
    Indeed this list works wonders.

But it can go to pieces if your opponent is smart enough to ignore the deceiver and just pie plate your warriors. Without a ResOrb on site, your opponent will hit that PO button within the first few turns.

More then likely i will have both units in cover and the 3rd unit behind the monolith,depending on who i'm vsing,or i can simply hide all my warriors in reserve with the monolith,smart players won't ignore the deceiver when i'm 16-22 inchs across the board on turn 1,res orb is pointless and if your playing defensive in 5th edition your just asking to be phased out.

Thanks for the advice though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good plan with keeping the units close but cover. However, please don't keep warriors in reserve. Your PO count is already pretty low and you don't want to make it any easier for the opponent if you manage to screw up a reserves roll.

If you intend to bring them from reserves, don't do it through the monolith. If that monolith is taken out, you are screwed as you would've declared that you will bring them through the portal and won't be able to field them ever.

And never underestimate what the deception of playing defensive can do to opponents. They are led to believe its easy but then suddenly, WHAM!! Game over in 3 or 4 turns. At least in my experience.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by the_pariah7 View Post
    Good plan with keeping the units close but cover. However, please don't keep warriors in reserve. Your PO count is already pretty low and you don't want to make it any easier for the opponent if you manage to screw up a reserves roll.

If you intend to bring them from reserves, don't do it through the monolith. If that monolith is taken out, you are screwed as you would've declared that you will bring them through the portal and won't be able to field them ever.

And never underestimate what the deception of playing defensive can do to opponents. They are led to believe its easy but then suddenly, WHAM!! Game over in 3 or 4 turns. At least in my experience.
    Well imo the only real way you would make use of the warriors is to get them to sit there and camp objectives.

I don't intend to,like i said its all about who i'm vsing to which playstyle i go for.

I wasn't trying to say defensive is crap to play,i was trying to say if your playing defensive against a imp guard army and not up close in there face your asking to lose the game.

I don't rate necron lords and never will,the only option i really would consider is a Wraithlord and 3 wraiths,i've used nearly all kinds of lists from 15 destroyers to 3 monoliths,Deceiver/tomb spyders are the only real anti-tank thats worth there points to some degree.

+ Reply to Thread