Its a parade! (1200pts Battlewagon List) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Its a parade! (1200pts Battlewagon List)

HQ
    Warboss
    Big Choppa
    Twin Linked Shoota
    Cybork Body
    Heavy Armor

Wierdboy
    Warphead

Elites

Burna Boys (15)
    Mek Upgrade
    Kustom Mega Blasta

Troops

Choppas (2 0 )
    Big Shoota (2)
    Nob Upgrade
    Power Claw
    Heavy Armor

Shootas (2 0 )
    Big Shoota (2)
    Nob Upgrade
    Power Claw
    Heavy Armor

Heavy Support

Battlewagon (A)
    Deff Rolla
    Red Paint
    Grot Riggers
    Boarding Planks
    Armour plates
    Hard Case

Battlewagon ( B )
    Lobba
    Red Paint
    Grot Riggers
    Reinforced Ram
    Armour plates

Battlewagon (D)
    Killkannon
    Red Paint
    Grot Riggers
    Armour plates

POINTS = 1180
    ----------
    Strategy? Roll up the field in a parade, bringing deff killy to anything within grasp.

Now, I understand that flanks are a huge issue in this list. My hopes are to use the lobba to knock out most of what scares me from far away, and the Killcannon to rough anything dead 'ard.

Battlewagon A is going to be stuffed with the Choppas, for the early bird blitz. With the Wierdboy in close attendance for some wierd stuff.

Battlewagon B is going to be packed full of shootas to give the Choppas some fire support.

Battlewagon D (C is fer weaklin's) is going to be stuffed with the Warboss and the Burnas, for the Burny bus effect backing up da boyz. Warboss is in there to protect anyfink wanting to 'urt me flammenboyz.
    ----------
    Actually, I just noticed a bug in my list. I have 16 boyz in a 12 capacity killkannon Wagon...

I guess thats a debate - switch it to a Gun and get more Boyz or have less burnas here and more of somethin' else over there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The base of the list looks solid, the whole parade idea, but I think you got a little off course in the equipting. I think that all your Nobz should have Boss poles instead of Heavy 'Armor (or both). I also think you should tune down you're battlewagons, maybe take off the killakannon armor plates and 'ard Case (I like the freedom to disembark and shoot from wherever I want), put on some normal kannons and give that boss a PK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

C is not for weaklins! C is, and has always has been, for COOKIE! AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! ^_^

I agree with Tyland, you need a bosspole in every unit of boyz. They effectively raise the leadership of the unit by 2, and when you get down to a small handful of boyz, it will mean the difference between victory and defeat in close combat.

Big choppas are worthless. When using warbosses, I always give them a powerklaw and combi-skorcha, but in this case I wouldn't use him at all. No, what the list really needs is a big mek w/kustom force field. You're putting a lot of emphasis on the wagons, and nothing can help them (and this list) more than a 4+ save versus all shooting attacks. You can also give the big mek a bosspole, so the burnas have one.

The warp ead is alright (and definitely better than a warboss), but what you really need is additional firepower. I'd cut the burnas down to 6-9 in size, nix the warp ead, nix the killkannon, and use the points to add some more support units. What you really need is something to deal with vehicles. I'd use the leftover points to add either rokkit buggies, big gunz kannons, or lootas.

Finally, I'd add at least one unit that can sit on objectives for you. I'd use a small unit of grots. Otherwise you have to either leave objectives near your deployment zone empty, or leave one of your few units back at the base, to do virtually nothing for the majority of the game.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread