1500pt Army Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500pt Army Advice

I'm due to play two vs three with two Necron armies, both at 1500pt versus two 1000pt Chaos armies and either Dark Eldar, another army of Chaos or IG (not sure which as we don't always declare the armies being played).
    Generally, my army holds it own but I'm not sure in this instance as I haven't played against Chaos and they generally beat me with other armies (I've played against them as SM, Eldar, Daemonhunters).

Currently I'm using:
    Necron Lord
    +Destroyer Body
    +Res Orb
    +Disruption Field
    Two units of 4x Destroyers
    One Tomb Spider
    38 Warriors split into two units, all with disruption fields

If memory serves, that's bang on 1500.

I have available in my half:
    12 Destroyers
    38 Warriors
    4 Heavy Destroyers
    10 Pariahs
    10 Immortals
    1 Tomb Spider
    3 Wraiths
    1 Necron Lord model with destroyer body & Res Orb
    1 Necron Lord model with Warscythe
    About 10 Scarabs

My ally usually takes (though I can't recall numbers):
    1 Necron Lord
    +Destoyer Body
    +Res Orb
    +Gaze of Flame
    1 Necron Lord
    +Res Orb
    2 units of Warriors
    1 Monolith
    2 units of Destoyers (I think 3 Destoyers per unit)
    1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (3 I think)
    1 Monolith
    3 Wraiths
    1 unit of scarabs to make up points

Against Chaos I usually face 3 Obliterators, 1 Dreadnought, 1 multi-legged walker (the name of which escapes me) and the rest varies.

My ally can quite happily borrow any of my units that I have spare but does anyone have any tweak recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Well if he doesn't use the psychic power Lash of Submission, a C'Tan might be a big headache for him. Even Oblits are wounding on a 3+ which isn't good.

Monoliths are a big win against Chaos, they can't kill them except with Vindicators. I'd use at least 2 and dump them in the middle of his army, firing away and laughing.

Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers are very important to stop his armor. Hide them if you can and than move them out and blow stuff up. Destroyers will be okay on Rhinos, Heavy Destroyers need to kill Ordnance (Defilers, Vindicators) than Rhinos or other armor and than MCs.

Your Lord is a decent fighter vs his army, get it into CC with armor if you can but don't fear a Prince. I might take a Phase Shifter for this fight, Fields are pretty crap on a Warscythe model against anyone.

You want a Lord with Veil of Darkness too if you can get one. He's going to get close with something nasty and you'll want to get out of there.

Lastly, don't skimp on Troops. Destroyers, HeavyD's, Lords and Warriors should be your infantry. Pariahs, Immortals etc. won't do much to him so leave them behind. Once you have a good Phase Out number, get a Monolith or two and go to town.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

with Alice
    7 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

This belongs in the army list section.

*threat moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread