1500 beginner ork list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

1500 beginner ork list

this is the first proper ork list i have done so here it goes.

Old zogwort-145

Nobx10- Eavy Armour, Pain Boy, Waaagh Banner-275

30x Ork boys- Nob, Power Klaw- 215

Fast attack

4 deffkoptas- Twin Linked Rokkit Launchas -180

15 Kommandos- Snikrot, Burna, Rokkit Launcha- 250

I know you may find the Tyranids physically repellent to look at but believe me, you don't want to let them out of your sight.

2. Remove Advertisements

London (North)
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

13 (x1)

What armies are you planning to face?

I love zogwort but I never use him anymore. You can ony squig IC's and he's just too expensive for that ability. Field him for fun not function!

Also read the sticky in the orks section of the forum by grax (better off with grots) It will improve your list a lot.

I would swap the deffkoptas for buggies with rokkit launchas. I have had luck running deffkoptas on their own because they have the habit of drawing fire like crazy but not really achieving much.

Even though you are running 30 strong units the nobs should still carry bosspoles. Trust me you'll need it.

Snikrot is the ork MVP imho. Awesome choice but I would take 2 burnas or 2 rokkit launchas. mixing them will dilute the intended effect and you'll very rarely hit with just the one rokkit

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Hello, and welcome to the Orks! I'd pimp my stickied posts, but someone beat me to it. ^_^ I'd also definitely check out 'the basics' in the Ork index. A few people, myself included, put it together as a basic guide for new Ork players.

Overall, the list looks pretty good, but there are some changes I'd definitely make:

1. You need bosspoles. I don't consider them optional, especially for small units like nobz. They effectively raise your unit's leadership by 2, for virtually no cost at all. Be sure to give one to each troop unit you can.

2. The units of boyz all need big shootas. They're cheap and really effective. Are the boyz shoota or slugga? I'd definitely use shoota, if you can.

3. Zogwort is fun, although a regular Warp ead would be more cost effective, but it's up to you. If you face a lot of special characters, then Zogwort is fine.

4. I'd get at least one small unit of grots, for standing in front of your troops, to give the boyz behind them a cover save, and/or to claim objectives.

5. Deffkoptas are probably better than warbuggies in horde lists, since they can outflank. I'd use 5 though, so they're not as easy to panic.

6. Never mix and match weapon types in the same unit. I'd definitely give both kommandos a burna, and no rokkits (ork aim isn't good enough for them, unless they're twin linked).

7. The nobz won't work well that way, and probably aren't good for this list. They don't work well at all on foot, they need a transport, and in this list it'd be the only transport, so you might want to use something else. When using nobz, field them like this:

7-8 nobz w/2-3 powerklaws, painboy, cybork bodies, waaaugh banner, 2-3 combi-skorchas (on nobz w/powerklaws), bosspole, and transport (trukk w/ram, or battlewagon w/grot riggers, big shoota, and deffrolla).

You could also run 20 shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, and 2 big shootas in the battlewagon above. That'd work well too.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread