1000 Points. Point Click Bang - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Points. Point Click Bang

Firstly this is my first main attempt at Tau since 5e, I had them earlier and I was abysmal to say the least. ( Lol @ pulse carbiners with no transport, or at pulse carbines at all xP )

So after reading through a whole heap of material last night on the forum, thank you Rikimaru and Sir Prometheus, I decided to go along with the cliche Tau army with a slight possible difference to help minimise any mistakes I'd make. I'm used to playing as short ranged Chaos with meltas and stuff, so I had to throw in some long range fun.

Shas'el Fireknife
    MP, PR, TA, HW-MT

Xv8 Deathrain
    TL-MP, TA

Xv8 Deathrain
    TL-MP, TA

6xFW
    (They take one Devilfish from pathfinders)

6x FW
    (They take one Devilfish from pathfinders)

12x FW
    Shas'ui with BK

5x Pathfinders
    Devilfish with Disruption Pod

5x Pathfinders
    Devilfish with Disruption Pod

Broadside
    ASS

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst Cannons, MT, DP

I still have 7 Points to spare, but the only thing I could think of would be a BSF on the HH perhaps?

The army is designed to go into a doubles tournement like half way thru 2010, but I am lazy with painting, so I want to get it going as early as possible. The Tourney is 2500 a side, so I may end up going anywhere up to 1250, maybe over.

I Need YOU, yes YOU, out there to help me.

What sort of things should I put into this to extend it, or what needs changing at its current points.
    Maybe more low ap guns for TEQ ? Is 2 STR10 guns enough at around 1000-1250?

Come on, I need help, and I know you just want to spam this and say"hi welcome to the greater good", again, anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should get a shield drone for your HQ or he will die fast.

Use 2x10 FW instead and only 1 group of PF's. (will free you from lots of points and still be effective. Add a leader with markerlight as well.

Make the broadside leader. i havent really calculated how much points that are left after this. But you might be able to field 1 more broadside leader and even add some system on them. Have them seperate for more fun shooting with them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 points isnt a lot for points for 5 markerlights imo.

The FWs plan is to either sit aroound and claim objectives or if theyr the 12 man team, to gun at whatever one PF squad points at, hence the name "Point Click Bang", lots and lots of markerlights = fun and stuff.

The HQ is cheap as it is, so if he dies, i dont lose much, and the point is to get a good spot to JSJ him every turn so he doesnt get shot much.

The Broadside is a good idea, maybe I can push through up to 1100 Points and get a second one in aswell.

Also I might have to play Fireknife teams instead of Deathrain teams, so any thoughts how this might affect my army, bearing in mind how many markerlights i get to use, so IDC about the TL MP too much.

Fireknife does = more low ap guns i guess

+ Reply to Thread