1000 pt tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

1000 pt tourney list

Dracon,agoniser,shadowfield,pistol = 81 pts
    8x wychs = 104 pts raider 55 pts
    240 pts

10x warriors 2 dark lances = 100 pts

Ravager,3 disses = 120 pts

Trying to go for as much fire power as i can,this list is obviously weak against hordes but i had it in mind to destroy MEQ lists,should i ditch a wych and get some horrorfexs ?.

I don't think i will give up my Ravagers they have been the bane of most armies,i've wiped marine players off the board with these things and got called cheese for running them,i would run some gunboats but being simply on 1000 pts i don't have enough points,and giving up ravagers would mean i have even poor anti-horde weapons.

Last edited by JeremyKyle; December 19th, 2009 at 07:24.
    Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Need opinions please...
    Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

I think the list is tough at 1000 points. Since everyting is a stand and shoot army, what is ur dracon and wychs going to do? maybe give him warrior body guard instead
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ericismyname, keep the raider go for 9 warriors and 2 splinter cannons (helps that little bit against horde armies) and you've even cut the points down a bit. If you want you could add in 2 dark lances and it would cost 6 points more, which is too far over in a tourney list isnt it? well depends... its a good thing either way but personally i'd go with the cannons.
    I don't think it's approrpriate to name a dark damon lord bubbles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

I think you might be better off with mini-sniper squads here. That's 5 Warriors w/ 1 DL + 1 Raider for 105 points. This has a few benefits:

1. You now have two units where once there was one. This ups the KP count, but DE will give up a certain number of KP in those games despite how many units you field. So making more targets to select is ultimately much better if you overwhelm your opponent. Also, you can split fire between the two DLs, which normal sniper squads can't do.

2. Mobility. A normal sniper squad is going to stand and get charged at any point limit, unless the other army is also pure shooty. A mini-sniper unit can pack up and gain some distance when needed. Then they can stay still next turn and snipe away some more. Or they can keep moving and use one DL while the enemy chases (and has to hit on 6s in CC). So mobility = flexibility = a better chance for success against any opponent.

3. You also have the ability to replace more DLs with dissies if you should want to. Or just spread the dissies around. Sometimes that's a good idea too. Raiders are also important if you want to add enough horrorfexes to put up an effective blocking tactic. That can really help against shooty and Ork armies alike.

Where to get the extra points for mini-snipers? Trim a couple Wyches, or replace them all with a Warrior retinue as has been suggested (your mobility can keep you out of assaults instead of needing Wyches if you choose to do that).

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Definately go wit4 aider mini-sniper squads, in 1000 points they're much more useful than in 1500+

Here's a few points Kroven left out

1) In small games you'll see less larger vehicles suc as land raiders and leman russes that require concentrated fire and more walkers and light vehicles, which require less anti tank attention and generally appear in larger numbers.

2) Most opponents dont bring many AT weapons to a 1000 point game, and those they do bring will be aimed at your ravagers. A few extra raiders in your listr will help convince them to split their fire and help your ravagers to survive for longer, and those desintegrators are your best bet at killing enemy infantry.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread