500 pts... does it stand a chance? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts... does it stand a chance?

So basically I'm working up to a 1000-1500 point list, but I do not yet have all of the Orks I will be needing. So I have made this list to use to get used to the rules of the game, and just to have fun before I get the real army running. All I want to know is if this makeshift list will do any good against other 500 point, friendly armies.

Warboss
    -pk
    -eavy armor

Slugga boyz- 21
    -nob
    -pk
    -bp

Shoota boyz- 18
    -big shoota
    -nob
    -pk
    bp

Deffkopta
    -TL Rokkits

Deffkopta
    -TL Rokkits

Total: 499

Note: I am limited by the models I have. For example, I'm gonna be running two trucks full of slugga boys in the future, so I only have 22 models actually armed with sluggas.

Many thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good to me. 2 decent sized mobs with PK nobz, a tough as nails Warboss, and some fast stuff that can take down the light vehicles that are most likely going to be used in small games. The other bonus of the koptas is that you can turboboost to grab an objective on the last turn. If your opponent isn't using vehicles or you aren't worried about them, use them as tough mobile cover. Deploy them on the board at the start of the game at least 18" away from your mobs, and then scout them in front of them before T1 if they go first to give your troops a cover save or force them to shoot at a 45 point unit that has T5, 2 wounds and a 3+ invulnerable save. You may get lucky and force 2 enemy squads to shoot at it to kill it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

When expanding your army, I'd consider trying to find 2 more shoota boyz, 1 with a big shoota. 20 shoota boyz w/2 big shootas would be quite a bit more effective than the unit in the list.

That aside, the list looks pretty good. The only change I'd make is I'd cut out one slugga boy and use the points to give the warboss a combi-skorcha.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread