2000 point, tourny jan 9th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

2000 point, tourny jan 9th

HQ-

Farseer w/ Guide and Runes of Warding

Farseer w/ Doom, Fortune, Spirit Stones, and Jetbike

4 Warlocks w/ Embolden, Enhance, and Jetbikes

Elites-

10 Banshees w/ Exarch, Mirror Swords (or executioner), and Acrobatic
    -Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and TL Shuriken Cannon

Troops-

10 Storm Guardians w/ Warlock, Destructor, and 2 Flamers
    -Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and TL Bright Lance

10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, Blade Storm, and Dual catapults
    -Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and TL EML

10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, Blade Storm, and Dual Catapults
    -Wave Serpent w/ Spirt Stones and TL EML

Fast Attack-

Vyper w/ EML

Heavy Support-

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

3 War Walkers w/ 2x Shuriken Cannons each

Play tested this last night. My Shuriken cannon walkers did alot more damage than I expected. Rhinos really take a beating from war walkers. Of course you can guess I guided them every turn.

Wave serpents did waht they do best, soak up heavy weapon fire and not die.

One thing I learned is that plague marines dont die easily from DA or Storm Guardians and that Thousand suns are tough to kill too.

I sure would like to put scatter lasers on them but the price of shuriken cannons is a STEAL in my opinion. The range hasnt been an issue yet cause of the scout move to get in range.

Warlock council with farseer absorbed an insane amount of power fist attacks in a desperate attempts to instant kill my farseer!

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Seer Council perfectly absorbs firepower, however, it does not absorb Assault damage as well. You propobaly know much better how lucky you were. This is why usually two Seers should be run, but such small Council seems to be 'distraction' from shooting and LR ripper, so as long as you can keep them out of fists/nemesises way...

The lone Seers is really endangered this days. Deep Striking as well as other, dirtier tricks are popular indeed. And watch the new Tyranids. And you lack something to hold any home objectives...
    Thats why I kept using 10 Defenders. To babysit Seer Guiding (and, in my case, Fortuning to gain insanely stable firepower perimeter) WW.

Whole rest is sensible, except for poor Vyper that seems to be little more than easy KP, not able to hold objective and possesing little less firepower then ten Guardians.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Seer Council perfectly absorbs firepower, however, it does not absorb Assault damage as well. You propobaly know much better how lucky you were.Yeah I was lucky, however the chances of failing the 4++ save twice are in my favor. This is why usually two Seers should be run,I would love to, but too expensive but such small Council seems to be 'distraction' It was perfect for taking away shooting from my other unitsfrom shooting and LR ripper, so as long as you can keep them out of fists/nemesises way...

The lone Seers is really endangered this days. Yeah he was endangered so I kept him near some impassible terrain and board edges so the chances of a mishap were great for the opponentDeep Striking as well as other, dirtier tricks are popular indeed. And watch the new Tyranids. And you lack something to hold any home objectives...One of my serpents sits at home objective. 10 DA in a wave serpent hold any hold objective better than any of the non mech troop choices for us
    Thats why I kept using 10 Defenders. To babysit Seer Guiding (and, in my case, Fortuning to gain insanely stable firepower perimeter) WW.

Whole rest is sensible, except for poor Vyper that seems to be little more than easy KPYes he is an easy KP, i use him in reserve and flat out him the turn he comes in and shoot at side armor until he dies. I also use him to contest and alot of times takes a Missle or lascannon shot instead of it going at my wave serpent., not able to hold objective and possesing little less firepower then ten Guardians.
    Thank you for the reply!
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread