Balanced new nids 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Balanced new nids 1750

Firstly, a disclaimer. I haven't seen the codex. I've only seen a translated version of the german one. So, for all I know, it could be completely fictional, though it seems to be fairly legitimate - my German stretches to insults and ordering beer.

Right, with that out of the way, here's the list:

2 tyrant guard

OK, this is 400 points, admittedly, but it's 400pts that WON'T DIE. If the tervigon stays close they could have FNP too just to make them even tougher, the swarmlord can steal wounds when he gets close enough, and the guard are ablative wounds. But, you say. It moves 6'' and doesn't have a shooting attack. Well... I think its bonuses outweigh the cost, making the stealers more reliable, providing a larger synapse bubble, and also making an outright assault on my forces VERY risky. Bring on those assault terminators.

Well, this, for me, was a no brainer. This MC is AMAZINGLY good value - 6 T6 wounds, the ability to spawn a scoring unit, and a nice pyschic power to boot.

3 Hive Guard

These chaps should make light vehicles (and a lot of things) keel over and die

3 zoanthropes
    Landing Spore – thorn blast

These chaps should make heavy vehicles and any marines silly enough to venture out of cover keel over and die. The mycetic spore lets them get into a threatening position.

Doom of Malantai
    Landing Spore – thorn blast

140pts of pure nasty. I'd hate to think what he'd do to an ork force.

8 genestealers

Decreased points cost, still the same old wonderful stealers.

8 genestealers

20 termagants

Dirt cheap, effective and very tough if you stick em behind a monstrous creature.

15 hormagaunts
    toxin sacs

I LOVE what's happened to hormies now. Cheap, and with poison pose a very serious threat to pretty much any monstrous creature in the game. Imagine what these fellas could do to a wraithlord. Back them up with preferred enemy from the swarmlord and they'll do a lot of damage.

Trygon – adrenal glands

Another big, tough, killy MC. Burrowing is a nice ability but with 6 T6 wounds and fleet I think it could happily footslog and provide cover for the littluns, though it would be undeniably effective when deepstriking.

What I like about this list: 3 MCs, 51 basic troops. Now THIS is what nids should be like. Big, terrifying monstrous creatures, but not too many, backed up by hordes of scuttling little beasties.
    Not too much of a focus on shooting. Again, this is what nids should be like. While a shooty list is still very viable (I noticed dakkatyrants haven't changed) it isn't necessarily an advantage over a combat list as it used to be.

What I don't like about this list: no warriors. Nothing to guard the home objective, which is what my warriors usually do, though they're babysitting a small unit of gaunts with the current codex.

Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

2. Remove Advertisements

Madrid, Spain
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

I assume you took the Tervigon as a Troops choice?

I'm not really sold on the Swarmlord with Guard, but then again I've never played them myself. If you've played him already, what are your impressions? It's a very expensive unit after all, is it worth it?
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

+ Reply to Thread