1250 / 1500 / 1750 Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 / 1500 / 1750 Lists

Hi all- been reading up on these forums for some time and have yet to make a post hehe. So I have a game comming up here in a few weeks and I have 3 lists Id like to bounce off you guys and get some input.
    I dont know what point level we will be playing at until the day of but we agreed on doing either 1250, 1500 or 1750, depending on build progress.

Anyway here are the lists- Im pretty confident about the 1750, the 1500 is a little different that what I was normally running, and the 1250... ugh not really sure what to do with this one.

Oh and Ill be up against Space Marines in this upcoming game

HQ - Farseer, Doom, Runes of Warding - (Rides /w banshees) -95

Elite - Howling Banshees - 8 /w Exarch , Mirror Swords, War Shout, Acrobatic
    - Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Bright Lances -305

Troops - Dire Avengers - 10 /w Exarch, Dual Avg. Cats, Bladestorm -152

Troops - Dire Avengers - 10 /w Exarch, Dual Avg. Cats, Bladestorm -152

Troops - Guardian Jet Bikes - 3 -66

Heavy - Wraithlord , Dual Flamers, Brightlance, Missile Launcher -155

Heavy - War Walker Squad - 3, Spirit Stones x3, Scatter Lasers x 2,
    Scatter Laser, Star Cannon, Scatter Laser, Star Cannon -215

Heavy - Fire Prism -115

Total 1255

HQ - Farseer, Guide, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing -100

Troops- Dire Avengers 10, /w Exarch, Dual Avg Cats, Bladestorm
    - Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Bright Lances -297

Troops- Dire Avengers 10, /w Exarch, Dual Avg Cats, Bladestorm

Elite - Striking Scorpions - 9 /w Exarch, Shadowstrike, Stalker,
    Chainsword, Claw -196

Fast - Warp Spiders - 7 /w Exarch, Powerblades, Dual Death Spinners
    Withdraw -196

Heavy - Dark Reapers 5 /w Exarch, Crack Shot, Fast Shot, Tempest
    Launcher -237

Heavy - War Walker Squad - 3, Scatter Lasers x 2 -180

Total 1503

HQ - Farseer, Doom, Fortune, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones - 155

Elite - Howling Banshees 9 /w Exarch, Mirror Swords, Acrobatic, War Shout
    - Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannons - 286

Elite - Striking Scorpions 9 /w Exarch, Shadow Strike, Chainsword, Claw -191

Troops - Dire Avengers 10 /w Exarch, Dual Avg Cats, Bladestorm

Troops - Dire Avengers 10 /w Exarch, Dual Avg Cats, Bladestorm
    - Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Missile Launchers -282

Fast - Warp Spiders 5 /w Exarch, Powerblades, Dual Deathspinners, Withdraw -152

Heavy - Wraithlord, Dual Flamers, Brightlance, Missile Launcher -155

Heavy - Fire Prism -115
    Heavy - Fire Prism -115

Total 1748

Any suggestions or ideas? Like I said I think the 1250 needs some work

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Hookylao; January 15th, 2010 at 03:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

I would unilaterally replace the Scorpion Exarch with the powerfist to the one with the Biting Blade. He is very likely to get two hits, which gives him at least as much strength as a powerfist anyway.

I'm sort of interested why you dropped both Wraithlord and Fire Prisms for the 1500 list. Especially give that your new choices fulfill a different role than the old.

In the 1750 list, please consolidate the Elites choices for convenience's sake.

Since you seem unsure about the role of Wave Serpents (as gunship), I would advise either going full out for the brightlances or just keeping TL shuricannons on top and an underslung shuricannon.

Further, in the 1250, I would drop a DA squad and make the Guardian Jetbikes bigger. DAs are less effective outside of a transport and the Bikers are more mobile.

Lastly, I would at least consider dropping the War Walkers (or running them as all shuricannons). They can be very expensive and are very fragile.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello there,

First, welcome to LO. Feel free to contact either myself or another moderator if you have any questions. Second, army list threads are posted in each respective army list section. You can find a link to the Eldar army list section at the top of the Eldar army homepage.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with rafis about the Heavy Choises in the 1500 point list. The list ends up with very little in the way of anti-tank shooting. I'm pretty sure that the Dark Reapers will be both too static and redundant. Any infantry which needs killing should be targeted by Dire Avengers or Banshees anyway. Also, the 237 points you spent on them can get you 2 Prisms (basic) which can kill infantry well enough with their AP3 combined blast. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have a few comments to tweak the 1750 list which looks really good, but I feel like there's a few beneficial modifications.

Giving the banshee exarch an executioner would be more helpful to you (as well as the previously said claw). Banshees are good with power weapons, but that S5 power weapon will help you kill MeQs which is what you want, because you already have the scorpians to deal with GeQs.

If you can find 5 points, take the TL ML off of the waveserpent, and instead put TL scatter lasers and a shurken cannon. It'll pump out 7 shots compared to 1, and you already have enough anti tank.

I'd say it might be better to just drop the warpspiders and spend all of those points on giving both fire prisms spirit stones, at least one of them holofields and star engines, and star engines on a waveserpent or two. Could also let you get the extra points for the last banshee and scorpian. It's a pretty big change, but should make everything more survivable and give you a whole lot more movement/available tactics. But that's just me, if that army suits your playing style better, then just make the changes above this paragraph is what I'd say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rafis117
    I would unilaterally replace the Scorpion Exarch with the powerfist to the one with the Biting Blade. He is very likely to get two hits, which gives him at least as much strength as a powerfist anyway.
    Ya know I didn't even think of it that way- sounds like a good idea.

I'm sort of interested why you dropped both Wraithlord and Fire Prisms for the 1500 list. Especially give that your new choices fulfill a different role than the old.
    Haha I'm not entirely sure myself other than I was just trying to go for something a little different, but I know its gimped as far as anti- tank goes. And I'll most likely re-arrange that list to account for that

Since you seem unsure about the role of Wave Serpents (as gunship), I would advise either going full out for the brightlances or just keeping TL shuricannons on top and an underslung shuricannon.
    That was mostly due to cost- couldnt really afford to outfit all with brightlances, but switching out the EML to shuricannons might give me a few points to spend elsewhere.

Further, in the 1250, I would drop a DA squad and make the Guardian Jetbikes bigger. DAs are less effective outside of a transport and the Bikers are more mobile.

Lastly, I would at least consider dropping the War Walkers (or running them as all shuricannons). They can be very expensive and are very fragile.
    Yeah I was considering dropping the walkers in favor of another prism. If I also dropped the second DA squad I could then put the remaining DA in a serpent outfitted with brightlances and spirit stones, double the bike squad to six leaving me with 36 points to spend...

Thanks for the advice- I'll l post up some revisions as soon as I get a chance

+ Reply to Thread