2100pts Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2100pts Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2100pts Necrons

Hey guys, I've added (and assembled more units) since my last army list. Just only yesterday, a group of us got together to play 2100pts (because one of my IG friends is very fond of his 2080pt army and doesn't want to drop anything) and from the available models I had, I fielded the following list.

HQ:
    Necron Lord with ResOrb, GoF, phase shifter and some other artifact

Deceiver

Elites:
    Flayed Ones x 8

Troops:
    Necron Warriors x 11

Necron Warriors x 11

Necron Warriors x 11

Fast Attack:
    Destroyers x 4

Destroyers x 4

Scarab Swarm x 10

Heavy Support:
    Tomb Spyder x 1

Monolith

2088pts total (unless I made a miscalculation).

This list performed very well in a 3 player free-for-all game, especially considering that the 2 opponents had planned a 'NAP' between them and decided to gang up on me. It was an annhilation game against IG and eldar, with some 'objectives' which didn't count towards victory but had something of value, like an automated turret or something. By end game, I had defeated most of the eldar units (with 3 straggler units alive and 2 vehicles remaining) but barely touched IG as I was dealing with eldar most of the time. All of my units performed very well (in my opinion).
    The units of mine that survived were:
    A warrior unit with necron lord
    Warrior unit
    A destroyer unit
    Deceiver
    Tomb spyder
    Monolith

So I'm quite pleased that they held out against, essentially, 4200pt 'combined' armies. The IG player just used his tanks only, which did quite a lot of damage but only claimed very little KPs. When I worked out the KPs, I had come out on top but it didn't really feel like a victory though, watching my necrons take a battering from two armies. Still, I find it flattering that it takes 2 armies to take on my necrons, hahaha .

Anyways, to the point. Is there any I could do with this list to improve it or sub out? Any constructive criticism? I'll appreciate honesty too. Bear in mind that the models I have available to put in place are:
    2 Wraiths
    2 Heavy Destroyers
    Additional Warriors
    10 immortals (once assembled)
    2 additional tomb spyders (once assembled)

Last edited by the_pariah7; January 14th, 2010 at 07:49.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Drop those spare warriors for another tomb spyder. Lose two scarabs and grab that squad d-fields so they can go tank hunting.

Also make sure to field your Flayed ones in seperate squads, so one squad gets cover saves, and they both get WBB if their squad is wiped out (this averages a 6-man squad if one is slain)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional tomb spyder you say? I can do that, as soon as I assemble it. I think I might get a few more flayed ones as to be able to put them in two squads of 6.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did play the 10 scarabs with D-fields. Did I make a miscalculation in the points that suggested otherwise? Oops if I did...

Thanks for help Alzer
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

+ Reply to Thread