New Codex 1500 point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Codex 1500 point Army

So here is what I am going to be trying for my first time out. Originally I was a shoot nids sort of guy but I am trying to adapt to the new nid environment. I think I will try a shooty list eventually but for right now I think this is what I will try to play with during 1500 point games. I need to play test the trygon which might get bumped down to a regular Try and that will give me plenty of points to get EC for the tyrant. Questions or comments are welcome.
    HQ:
    Flyrant - Wings, Scything Talons x2, Leech Life, Paroxysm, AG, Unspeakable Horror - 265

Elites:
    Hive Guard x3 - 150

Troops:
    Warriors x4 Rending claws, deathspitters -160
    Genestealers x7 Broodlord x1 - 158

Heavy Support:
    Trygon Prime x1 AG -250
    Mawloc x1 Regen - 195

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

In my experience you only need to upgrade to a trygon prime if you need the extra Synapse, but it doesn't seem an issue in your list. I'd cut that, and give your Flyrant some firepower. TL-BL Devourers are great on him, and it's probably what I'd get.
    Also, you are low on kill points, so you can risk splitting up the Hive Guard if you want to. The more units you have, the more flexible your army is. It means more kill points for the enemy, however, so if your playgroup gravitates towards annihilation you may want to avoid that.
    I've had no luck with rending claws on Warriors, so I'd either try to get boneswords for them. That could be an alternative to the Devourers.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Comments Lemt. I believe you are correct and will take your advice bumping down the trygon prime to a regular. Points saved from that I think I will toss to my tyrant for EC and or Devs possibly regen for one of the big nasties. Currently getting my Mawloc built w/ magnets and all the fixings and waiting for my other trygon to come in that I ordered. I'd like to have this army play tested by the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Raginrok View Post
    Points saved from that I think I will toss to my tyrant for EC
    if by EC you mean the old Extended Carapace, you can have have wings or armoured shell not both
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah no 2+ flying Tyrants this time. Makes me sad. But Warriors should be equiped with Boneswords at all times. finally we can skip all this roll a 6 power weapon stuff and just give our bugs power weapons. Lots of high WS high St attacks (AG if you want to strike first and wound on 3s against MEQ's) with power weapons is awesome. Bring me those terminators heads! Better yet, just eat them.
    I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

+ Reply to Thread