1000 point eldar fortune avatar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point eldar fortune avatar

farseer with runes of warding and fortune 100

20 defender guardians with scatter laser and a warlock with concel 215

fire prism 115
    fire prism 115

10 dire avengers with exarch blade storm and dual catipults 152
    wave serpent with bright lance and spirt stones 145

the guardians will run up the feild either beside the avatar gaining fearless and providing some cover for the farseer which will be behind the avatar casting fortune on it every turn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about making it a no tank list? give the farseer guide and spirit stones, then completely take out the tanks including the DA's. now replace the fireprisms with wraithlords that can stay on either side of the avatar, also creating cover saves for the guardians in some cases, and spend the points that are left over on either a counter assault squad like storm guardians or some more firepower like war walkers.. or both if you can manage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i drop the DA and the tank it'll free up 527 points which i can get 2 wraith lord with bright lance and EML which will leave me with 217 points and if im going to use them to obscur my guardians i could dorp the warlock and concel for another 40 points giving me 257 with which im not sure weither i should add another 20 defender guarsdians with would only leave me with 82 points which i could get 5 scorpions with or if i should add strick guardiand and some form of elite CC unit probly scorpions for the more attacks or if i should add a smaller unit of guardians since i already have 20 i probly dont need another full squad weather they be strick guradians or defender cupled with some sort of elite CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

just a little off topic with this, but which craftworld are you playing?
    With the extra points, if you took eldrad, stick him in the unit, and fortune his unit, and the avatar,
    When faced by an army of awesomness, RUN.

Adding Rep is always nice for everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice army list. At 1000 points you should do fairly well. Once the points get higher you may be shot to bits but then you can add other stuff to its ok. I never had that much luck with walking eldar due to blast weapons and superior assault but with the Avatar and Farseer you should be fairly suvivable. I'm not personally a fan of 20 stormguardians and for those points you can get something a little more interesting and smaller. I say this because between the 40 various guardians, and 3 MC's you're going to have trouble keeping everyone in cover and moving coherently. I'd look into some banshees for those points. Scorpions are good but they usually infiltrate which sort of messes with the phalax idea you have going.

Try it out and let us know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah neither have i but i though a fortuned avatar could soak up a lot of shots the guardians where there to help block line of sight or for the farseer to join so he cant be singled out but im not big on them either possibly alot of shots if i get close and some are still alive

+ Reply to Thread