1000 point mech eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

1000 point mech eldar list

HQ

Farseer
    Doom
    Fortune
    Mind War
    Spiritstones

Troops

Dire Aengers x10
    Exarch
    Bladestorm
    Defend
    2 Shuri Cats

Waveserpent
    TL Scatter Lasers
    Shuriken cannon
    Spirit Stones

Dire Aengers x10
    Exarch
    Bladestorm
    2 Shuri Cats

Elites

Striking Scorpions x6
    Exarch
    Shadowstrike
    Stalker
    Chainsabres

Fire Dragons x6
    Exarch
    Tankhunters

Wave Serpent
    TL EML
    Spirit stones

Farseer rides in serpent with the avengers, other 10avengers hold objective at back, scorpions outflank, dragons ride in serpent. Avengers deal with hordes, scorpions hordes, serpent str 6 spam for elites, dragons for tanks, and EML for light tanks and hordes.

Any major flaws?

Last edited by Bonus Prize; January 17th, 2010 at 20:58.
    When faced by an army of awesomness, RUN.

Adding Rep is always nice for everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Pretty solid list, so only a few quibbles.

-Why run TL EMLs on the Fire Dragons' Wave Serpent? I know that I thought I would initially (because of pinning) but on reflection it's nicer to either spend big for the Brightlances, or run it cheap with shuricannons.
    -If the point of your second DA squad is to hang back on the nearby objective, why DA and not (for example) 6 Pathfinders? You would even have a few points left over. From a range perspective alone you already are more effective.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

so if i ran pathfinders instead of DA's, thats 32 points less,
    The only thing i was thinking of was if i for sum reason was not able to get my dragons close enough to the tanks i would have the EML capable of taking out nicely armoured tanks, A11, 10, but also against footslogger orks, or quite often IG, the ap4 blast would help,

What would you say i should spend the points on instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

First of all, how many Fire Dragons do you run?

Second, if nothing else, you can invest a lot into the Farseer. Singing Spear, assorted runes, et al.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

oops, my bad, i thought it was in the army list section, and i htought i wrote the number of dragons, 6 btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Right, so those 32 points can go towards Fire Dragons and/or upgrades for your Farseer. (Theoretically they could go just about anywhere, but I would advise putting them in one of the two units.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

So if i give my farseer both runes, the chances of perils of the warp are increased, (so what) but the chance of it going off is increased aswell, and the other runes, when used are beautifull! that leaves 7 points...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonus Prize View Post
    HQ

Farseer
    Doom
    Fortune
    Mind War
    Spiritstones

Troops

Dire Aengers x10
    Exarch
    Bladestorm
    Defend
    2 Shuri Cats

Waveserpent
    TL Scatter Lasers
    Shuriken cannon
    Spirit Stones

Dire Aengers x10
    Exarch
    Bladestorm
    2 Shuri Cats

Elites

Striking Scorpions x6
    Exarch
    Shadowstrike
    Stalker
    Chainsabres

Fire Dragons x6
    Exarch
    Tankhunters

Wave Serpent
    TL EML
    Spirit stones

Farseer rides in serpent with the avengers, other 10avengers hold objective at back, scorpions outflank, dragons ride in serpent. Avengers deal with hordes, scorpions hordes, serpent str 6 spam for elites, dragons for tanks, and EML for light tanks and hordes.

Any major flaws?
    Your farseer is far too expensive for 1000 points. A simple doomseer will do. If you want Runes of warding that is good too.

Drop Defend from your DA. Its not that bad or that good. I would say its a no go. to save points.

You can keep the shuriken cannon that is underslung but it will see very little time. You shoul dbe moving 12" a turn at min. So it will never be shooting anyway. If there is a weapon destroyed result you will still have a weapon i suppose.

The next set of DA need a wave serpent. Even if they are campers. They will survive with one just sitting. In which case you can give it a EML and cannon since it wont be moving. But you may not have the points for this. If they are campers storm guardians will be better choice. Give them 2 melta guns and a warlock with a witchblade so that way you have alot of pistol shots, melta to take down armor, withcblade to take down armor, they are scoring and are cheaper.

Just say no to chain sabres. Take a power claw. It is the same concept to why tactical squads take power fists. They cause min wounds with normal guys than the power fist inthe end turns the tide in their favor.

Drop the exarch and tank hunters from the FD. not needed at 1000 points.

Give the FD serpent TL shuriken cannons.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    Your farseer is far too expensive for 1000 points. A simple doomseer will do. If you want Runes of warding that is good too.
    Running the farseer expensive isn't that bad an idea if he takes Spirit Stones.

Drop Defend from your DA. Its not that bad or that good. I would say its a no go. to save points.
    You're being too conservative. It's a misplaced power. "Ooh, my shooting unit gets a defensive bonus in combat."

You can keep the shuriken cannon that is underslung but it will see very little time. You shoul dbe moving 12" a turn at min. So it will never be shooting anyway. If there is a weapon destroyed result you will still have a weapon i suppose.
    He would still have that weapon in the TL shuricats.

The next set of DA need a wave serpent. Even if they are campers. They will survive with one just sitting. In which case you can give it a EML and cannon since it wont be moving. But you may not have the points for this. If they are campers storm guardians will be better choice. Give them 2 melta guns and a warlock with a witchblade so that way you have alot of pistol shots, melta to take down armor, withcblade to take down armor, they are scoring and are cheaper.
    Dire Avengers are scoring, they don't really need a Wave Serpent if you don't intend to move them, Stormies aren't a bad idea, but are pretty short range for back-of-the-table camping, and expensive for a non-melee unit with a Warlock. Plus, we were discussing putting pathfinders there instead, for better range (three times that of stormies).

Just say no to chain sabres. Take a power claw. It is the same concept to why tactical squads take power fists. They cause min wounds with normal guys than the power fist inthe end turns the tide in their favor.
    As long as the exarch lands two wounds on the enemy (just two!) then the chainsaber Biting Blade is more effective than a power claw.
    Last edited by rafis117; January 19th, 2010 at 13:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast