750 Tau list any criticism appreciated, For The Greater Good! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Tau list any criticism appreciated, For The Greater Good!

This is my second list that I've made. I've had decent success with it so far, no tabling people yet . I play only against friends so far which include space wolf(no jaws of the wolf yet or w/e its called), nids, eldar, and chaos space marines. I feel like I mainly have problems against the csm because my friend nurgles up their toughness. I also do change out my o's weapons when playing nids for the afp and cib. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thx .

HQ

Shas'o
    Missle pod
    Plasma rifle
    Multi-tracker
    Stimulant injector

ELITES

3 Stealth suits
    Team leader
    HWDC
    Markerlight
    Marker light drone
    Bonding knife

TROOPS

12 Fire Warriors
    Team leader
    Markerlight
    Bonding knife

12 Kroot

10 Kroot

Devilfish
    Disruption pod

HEAVY SUPPORT

Broadside
    Team leader
    BASS
    HWDC
    Shield drone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what i would do is drop all team leaders this will put all your point costs down to around 460 pts thats half your point spent on somthing thats probably not going to help. With

these extra points add 3 battlesuits all with double plasma rifles thats six ap 2 shots. also your spending too many points on troops. drop the ten kroot sqaud for one 14 kroot sqaud. the

commander is a great choice except stick it with double plasma then since it a indipendint charector add it to the 3 man crisis team thats a ten wound sqaud. (tip put all the wound on your

commander his feel no pain will destroy everything). fill in all your extra points with more kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shas'O is a waste of points unless you want to do close combat. Stick with Shas'El and ditch the injector in favor of a pair of shield drones, remember FNP won't stop instant death and with toughness 4, it can happen. Also pick up a targeting array because you don't have any twin-linked weapons.

Broadside is the same story, stick with the Shas'Ui and A.S.S. Shield drones are a good choice for him too. And don't forget a multi-tracker.

Your stealth elites should fly with twin linked weapons, flamers or plasma rifles are good for this. Twin link will negate your need for a targeting array or markerlights. Drop your team leader or upgrade them all to Shas'Vre by making them Monats, depends on how much you value the wargear list.

Troops are all over the place. Keep the Fire Warriors but ditch the markerlight. Devilfish is perfect for them, keep the pod.

The kroot should be consolidated, maybe two 10 member squads for infiltrating and challenging objectives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

1. a marker drone seems a little pointless in such a small point army, maybe replace with a simple sheild drone for the extra invul.
    2. I personally dont like kroot so i will tell you to remove the 10 man squad, but if it works for you it works for you.
    3. in such a small point army i wouldnt take broadsides, mostly because your opponent probaby wont be taking to much heavy armor in 750 points, try a railhead and see how that works out. also ho many broadsides are there in the squad? if there is only one the team leader upgrade is almost completely pointless.

everything else was stated above me by linkon.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Shas'O is a waste of points unless you want to do close combat. Stick with Shas'El and ditch the injector in favor of a pair of shield drones, remember FNP won't stop instant death and with toughness 4, it can happen. Also pick up a targeting array because you don't have any twin-linked weapons.

Broadside is the same story, stick with the Shas'Ui and A.S.S. Shield drones are a good choice for him too. And don't forget a multi-tracker.

Your stealth elites should fly with twin linked weapons, flamers or plasma rifles are good for this. Twin link will negate your need for a targeting array or markerlights. Drop your team leader or upgrade them all to Shas'Vre by making them Monats, depends on how much you value the wargear list.

Troops are all over the place. Keep the Fire Warriors but ditch the markerlight. Devilfish is perfect for them, keep the pod.

The kroot should be consolidated, maybe two 10 member squads for infiltrating and challenging objectives.
    on these we both have wide straying point of views. Shas'o is actually very useful and with all the kroot he is taking it seems he is doing a cc variant to me. why would you pay another 5 points on the broadsides just for a drone, i agree multi-tracker would be useful but how much heavy armor can your opponent take in 750pts.? id take a railhead.stealth suits cant have twin-linked weapons and are limited to burst cannons or 1 fusion blaster, they are only allowed one support system from suit armory. i do agree on the fire warriors and kroot.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we'll have to disagree on the HQ. And I'm sorry about the stealth suit bit, my eyes glazed over the list and I thought he was talking about crisis suits. As for the drones, when you have something so important to your army as your HQ or the Railgun, it needs protection and while a 3+ save is good, two 3+ armor saves and 4+ invulnerable saves plus two extra wounds is much better. Remember that Broadsides are still only Toughness 4, they can be instant deathed.

Plus, you'd be surprised just what you can field with 750pts. If we can field 3 Railheads for 450pts, the enemy could certainly pull out something nasty he's willing to give a large portion of his points to.
    Last edited by Kryos; February 22nd, 2010 at 05:33.

+ Reply to Thread