1850 Speed List (Tourney) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Speed List (Tourney)

With how cheap all the little nids are now I decided to try to build a fast list with all the fun little things that can get to the enemies lines quickly and mostly cheaply. Any thoughts on how to improve would be nice.

Thanks,
    Aounfather

HQ
    Tyrant
    Wings
    Hive Commander
    Old Adversary

Elites

2 Zoanthropes
    Spore

10 Ymgarl Genestealers

Troops
    16 Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs
    16 Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs
    16 Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs
    16 Hormagaunts
    Toxin Sacs

Fast Attack
    5 Shrikes
    Lash Whip Bonesword

15 Gargoyles
    15 Gargoyles

Heavy Support
    Trygon Prime

I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I can see the big guns focusing on your flying HT and warriors I would suggest including a venom thrope to attempt to give them a save. I would also suggest regeneration on your HT but of course this all means you have to lose something. This might cost you a few hormagaunts.

AlsoI assume you will be rushing away from and home objectives etc. any plans on holding objectives or do you just wish to ravage the enemy and hope they have next to nothing left?

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll answer your second question first. The beauty of it is the flexibility. The gaunts could make up the first wave or run to the objectives and look weak. They are more for response than anything else. Plus once the rest of the army is mucking about in the enemy lines the hormies will be easy to overlook. If they do get a chance to charge something they can kill then they will of course take that chance. I got sick of having 5 point guants do nothing a whole game but be cannon fodder taht sat on objectives. Now I can have cannon fodder that sits on objectives after its eaten a few enemy squads.

The Flyrant and the Warriors will do what my flyrants and warriors have always done to stay alive. Fly behind cover. The Trygon and Zoanthropes are what I really think is going to get blasted. The Zoes because they will have to be in sight in order to shoot and everyone knows how bad news they are to tanks. And the Trygon because its just so huge that everything on the board can see it.(plus it'll be in their lines turn 2).

I have edited the list to be better I think. I dropped 4 hormagaunts and 2 of the shrikes for deathleaper. Its special abilities will be very useful for a speed list.
    I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

+ Reply to Thread