2k tyranid drop pod list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k tyranid drop pod list

HQ

hive tyrant, wings, bone sword, lash whip, scything talons, tactical insight. 255 (deepstrikes)

ELITE

2 zoanthropes + spore pod with thorn blast. 170
    2 zoanthropes + spore pod with thorn blast. 170
    doom of malan'tai + spore pod with thorn blast. 140

TROOPS

20 gaunts with devourer + spore pod with thorn blast. 250

HEAVY SUPPORT

trygon, prime, regeneration. 265

Grand total 1955 points.

its just an all shooting list except for the trygon and the tyrant who are really hard in close combat, and firing 240 shots from the gaunts have to be really funny.

Last edited by mente enjambre; January 21st, 2010 at 17:45. Reason: illegal HT, changing things, and again
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

The HT is Illegal, either wings or carapace not both...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

You have 16 kill points, at least 7 of which are very weak. Not a good idea IMHO.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AG on the Trygon Prime first off. Never been that hot on the devilgaunts either but that is personal preferance and I respect yours, if you like them don't change a thing I think you do need lictors or deathleaper. I see to often an army like this coming in peicemeal and getting hammered by turn 4. To every army there are risks I just see this one as a much higher risk than others. If you lose your HT than your army has a tendancy to stall as well. Have you had a chance to play test? I'd be interested to see how it goes, maybe I am completely off target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I disagree, the bonus from the HT should be sufficient... And considering it's a may and the HT is dsing as well (in this case) you can just say you don't take the bonus when dsing the HT if there isn't enough on the table already...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Lord View Post
    The HT is Illegal, either wings or carapace not both...
    yep you are right i missread the part "May take the following biomorphs:" then i have 50 points to spend maybe i can take a biovore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    You have 16 kill points, at least 7 of which are very weak. Not a good idea IMHO.
    Right, but kill points are only one mission and if they want to shot to the spores, they cannot shot to my real units, one for anoter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginrok View Post
    Have you had a chance to play test? I'd be interested to see how it goes
    i will try this saturday but i doubt it, my next GW is at 200km or 124 miles.

PD:fixed
    Last edited by mente enjambre; January 20th, 2010 at 17:44. Reason: illegal HT
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I wouldn't take a lone biovore, it'll do about nothing and provide a really easy kill point in this already kill point heavy list. What about some nice guns for the pods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

The problem is most of the time I've played Spores haven't been targeted, but most of the time they die to enemy pies scattering. It's not much, but you could cut one of the Troop's pods and have them outflank. That would also give you more points to play around with.

I play a Tervigon with my Commander Tyrant, mostly because outflanking a Tervigon is tech.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Lord View Post
    I wouldn't take a lone biovore, it'll do about nothing and provide a really easy kill point in this already kill point heavy list. What about some nice guns for the pods?
    bs 2 on them makes a no-no for me, at least the biovore is going to shot every turn until it dies, is going to be far from the enemies with a very possible 4+ invulnerable save so if they want to kill it they will have to come for it, and spliting up his forces makes the things easier for me. But i am open for other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    The problem is most of the time I've played Spores haven't been targeted, but most of the time they die to enemy pies scattering. It's not much, but you could cut one of the Troop's pods and have them outflank. That would also give you more points to play around with.

I play a Tervigon with my Commander Tyrant, mostly because outflanking a Tervigon is tech.
    Outflanking its 25% tactic 75% luck, if the unit arrives from the wrong side it can end doing nothing, and if it loses 25% of the unit there is no synapsis for it and can left the table easily. With the drop pods and a 18 inch or 45cm gun you will be shooting the turn it arrives to the table and the spore pods can deny objetives to the enemy and even kill they, but yes this is not going to happen XD
    Last edited by mente enjambre; January 20th, 2010 at 19:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

That's why you buy blast weapons on the pods, sure they'll scatter, but for 10 points you have a S5 pie plate, that's a bargain...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast