Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Dear readers and fellow commanders,
this is my first army list, because a friend of mine asked me to play against his Orks. I lent the army of another friend of mine, who never ever played a single game with his Tau and so can't really give me any advice.^^
So, now I looked through the codex and through the available models and hope, you can help me a bit to optimize the list. I added at every unit, which and how many minis are available. I had to "pump" some units a bit up to give some more points, so please bear wih me when they seem to be overloaded.
Shas'o: with Cyclic Ion Blaster, Missile Pod, Bonding Knife, H/W Multi Tracker, H/W Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones), H/W Target Lock, Positional Relay (for the Kroot) (157 pts)
[b]Shas'o:[/u] with Airbursting Fragmentation Projector (for a big badabumm!), Burst Cannon, Bonding Knife, H/W Multi Tracker, H/W Drone Controller (2 Shield Drones), H/W Target Lock, Command and Control Node (158 pts)
- 3 Stealthsuites each with Targeting Array; Shas'vre with Bonding Knife, Markerlight, H/W Multi-tracker and H/W Target Lock (both for usage with the Markerlight) (155 pts)
- Crisis Shas'vre with Twin Linked Flamer, Iridium Armor, H/W Drone Controller (with 2 Shield Drones), Shield Generator
(111 pts) (this one is supposed to be shocked behind the Ork lines and create some havoc with his flamers - maybe instead of the drones a Failsafe Detonator to create an "I explode when I run"-one-trick-pony? Dunno if this is a good idea.
- 3x 8 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui with Bonding Knife, Markerlight, H/W Multi-tracker and H/W Target Lock (both for usage with the Markerlight) (each team 115 pts)
Or better 2 teams of each 12 FW? I suppose 3 teams are better because it's harder to bind them all and they are each more free to shoot different targets and the army altogether is more mobile
- 16 Kroot, Shaper with Pulse Rifle (138 pts) - I don't have any other Kroot, no hounds, no riders, so I can't add any of these.
- none, although I could add 6 Vespids, but in my noob-eyes, they seem to be too crappy
- Hammerhead Gunship with Railgun, Smart Missile System, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger, Multi Tracker, Target Lock (Disruption Pod and Flechette to protect my only real hard hitter) (190 pts)
- Sniper Drone Team (80 pts)
- Broadside Battlesuit Shas'vre with Twin Linked Railgun, Smart Missile System, Bonding Knife, H/W Drone Controller (Shield Drone, Marker Drone), H/W Multi-Tracker, H/W Target Lock, Targeting Array (150 pts)
Altogether 1499 pts.
I realize, that some of these units are bloated with points but because I don't have much more minis to use (some few drones might be left) and I'm out there for the fun and not only for the win, I think, this is still ok, is it?
Please leave me some comments or ideas for better equipment optimization and help an uprising 40k commander.
Thanks in advance.
Ive had vespids used on me yeah they are crappy but make great shock troops and can negate most orks armor saves.