>3000 Necron Apocalypse Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Apocalypse Army List

Hi, i'm new to Librarium online, this is my first post, but i wanted to post an apocalypse army i'm working on. I'm not including HQ units or any apocalypse formations, because i've yet to see the book. There is a HQ unit for bassically each unit.

Troops:
    20 Warriors with disruption claws (400 points)
    (Thats 240 warriors with diruption claws, for those who cant count, which totals to 4800 points)
    Elites:
    10 Pariahs (360 points)
    10 Pariahs (360 points)
    10 Pariahs (360 points)
    10 Pariahs (360 points)
    10 Immortals with disruption claws (300 points)
    10 Flayed Ones with disruption claws (210 points)
    10 Flayed Ones with disruption claws (210 points)
    (Thats 40 pariahs, 40 immortals with disruption claws and 20 flayed ones with disruption claws, for those who cant count, which totals up to 3060 points)
    Fast Attack:
    5 Destroyers (250 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    3 Wraiths (123 points)
    10 Scarab Swarms with disruption claws (160 points)
    (Thats 60 scarab swarms with disruption claws, 20 destroyer and 28 wraiths, for those who can't count, which totals up to 3067 points)
    Heavy Support:
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    1 Monolith (235 points)
    3 Heavy Destroyers (195 points)
    3 Heavy Destroyers (195 points)
    3 Tomb Spyders (165 points)
    3 Tomb Spyders with particle projectors (165 points)
    (Thats 12 monoliths, 6 heavy destroyer, 12 tomb spyders and 12 tomb spyders with particle projectors, for those who can't count, which totals up to 5190 points)

This army totals up to 11317 points.
    Each squad of units (whether on jetbikes for jetbike units, or foot for foot units) is led by a lord to best match that squad. Each sqaud of warriors is flanked by one tomb spyder with a particle projector and one without, and is followed by a monolith. Bassicly its a massive phalanx formation. I will include apocalypse formations seperate of this main force.

Ill put in another post some time later which includes the full army list (including HQ, but not apocalyptic), i also hope to add all four c'tan gods, two of which have not been released.

Please tell me what you think of this list, and if you have any suggestions, please post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you have a crap load of necrons. do you own all of this or is this what you want?
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Don't bother putting Disruption Fields on anything other then Scarabs, your warriors aren't going to be assaulting vehicles anytime soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*blinks, waving hand in front of eyes*

Wow, that... is... epic... Is this what you intend to collect? Well... I can't really give my opinion as I've never played necrons past 3000pts solo and 6000pts with a team mate.

You better chuck a lot of sickies to be able to get that game finished
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive got about a 6th of it and im planning on collceting it. ive still got a long way to go anyway. ive got 40 warriors, 10 scarabs, 3 lords on foot, and one on a destroyer body, and the nightbringer. ive got 4 destroyers and one heavy destroyer im still in the process of building 2 lords on foot, 1 on jetbike and 1 heavy destroyer. ive also got 4 pariahs that i still need to attach the warscythes. im also not exactly sure about the points amounts (i didn't have a scientific calculator to help). im putting disruption claws on everything because it improves my combat abilities (even only slightly), and point cost doesn't really matter. and i think its fair to say i dont need to worry about pahsing out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is buy as many of the phalanx battleforces through discount stores as possible. It'd be a good idea if you can chase down the monolith phalanx box too, if you can find it. Obviously, you've got the disposable income for it, happy collecting and Apoc-ing!
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Disruptions Fields don't help you in assault at all. They only apply to vehicles, and vehicles aren't going to be assaulting you anytime soon (barring walkers, but just kill them instead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont have the disposable income to buy this, but i plan on spending my school life collecting, modelling and painting necrons. and exclusively, necrons. and i probably wont buy the phalanx boxes, because they give you an odd number of mdels, a battleforce + a warrior box gives you 10 swarms, 40 warriors and 3 destroyers, half my army is focused on this particular combination. and don't worry, every discount store i know will be visited...

im getting the disruption fields because i can as there is no limit (almost) to points in apoc, and in the unlikely event of a walker actually reaching my lines, if my pariahs and lords can't deal with it first, the warriors are gonna have a crap time dealing with them. at lest with disruption claws i can take them down more easily (did i mention im a really lucky roller? i rolled 40 dice against my friends wraithlord through rapidfire. everyone of them were 6's)

i also asked if anyone could give me any advice for this army, other than critisicm (though constructive) and admiration (of the planned army [when in its entirety]), but actual adive if i should add more destroyers or something, thanks for the help to anyone who replys for that reason, and maybe some tactics to use for it.

and dont tell me the tactic with careful planning ds's the monolith phalanx then teleporting out warriors and lords in the centre of the enemy army then unleashing hell from mass fire. i already know that one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

12k, thats nothing!!! I'm playing a 15k game in about 3 months (thats how long it will take to prepare for it), I may only be using 7.5k of necrons and the rest will be orks and eldar the point still stands... anyway I would reccomend 4 monolith phalanxes of 3. IF you put them all inside each other with the rest of your army inside that, you will end up with 2+ WWBB and -4 strength on any hit against the warriors. I would also reccomend adding a bunch of lords with res-orbs to give you more survivability for your 2+ WWBB back guys. If you can get hold of a pylon aswell you've got a DEAD LETHAL necron army. You can get most of those points from simply dropping disruption fields. The rest can come from loosing some of those necron warriors. Like 50?? Honestly, in apocalypse games necrons don't phase out (i'm pretty sure on that, can't remember where it's from though) and another thing would be to put those warrior squads in 10s. It means that when you get shot buy a vulcan mega-bolter your opponent wastes a lot of his shots. I would also reccomend more destroyers.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reply to shas_on_u
    1. the groups would have to be bigger, as they need to be within 24 inches of each other, id say 3 of 4
    2. i have niether added hq units or apocalypse units, and for your information, everyone one of my lords except 6 of them have res orbs, there bassically one lord leading each unit
    3. i was considering puttng them in squads of ten but i realisd i would almost double the number f lords needed, which means i need a lot of extra cash.
    4. what type of detroyers? more destroyers means more money, im prepared to add more heavy destroyers, but if i add more normal destroyers ill be addind 120 more warriors, 10 more destroyers and 30 more scarabs, which means 9 more lords. it would be more cost effective for me to buy the 3 battleforce boxes, 3 warrior boxes and 1 destroyer pack, then another 10 destroyers. 10 destryers = $300, 3 battleforece boxes, warror boxesand 1 dstroyer = $630. twice the price but way more troops.
    5. pylons will be added after i have completed this army and the majority of hq, after i include apocalypse formations

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast