Mech Eldar[1500][RTT] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mech Eldar[1500][RTT]

HQ - 450
    Farseer w/ fortune, runes of warding, runes of witnesses
    8 Warlocks w/ embolden, enhance, destructor
    Serpent w/ stones, shuricannon

Troops - 554
    10 Dire Avengers incl. Exarch w/ blade storm, dual cat
    Serpent w/ stones, scatter laser

10 Dire Avengers incl. Exarch w/ blade storm, dual cat
    Serpent w/ stones, scatter laser

Elites - 380
    5 Fire Dragons

5 Fire Dragons

HS - 115
    Fire Prism

Total: 1499 pts.

The army takes advantage of the Lanchester square law.
    The single Prism is for horde control or shooting big tanks like LR or Monolith.
    I could replace it by 3 Warwalkers with shuricannons.

Last edited by Wuestenfux; February 1st, 2010 at 11:10.
    Moderator 40kOnline

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Drop runes of witnessing.

Id drop several of these war locks, the unit is too expensive for 1500 points. youd probably want doom and spirit stones on ur farseer too, comes in handy way more than youd think.

If your not taking an EML or BL on the serpent its Shuriken cannons. Scatters not worth the price.

You should take another troop choice ...even if its 5DA and a wave serpent.

Generally prisms come in pairs. They really arnt that good by themselves. Missing all the time, the twin linked is way more valuable than the addition to str.

You need more AT. 2 untis of fire dragons and warlocks and a lone prism wont cut it. i would take 1 EML to help out. only because the dragons wont get to shoot until later in the game. Assuming they make it across the board.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the ballanced feel of the list and on paper it seems to have everything you need. eric's comment about the long-range anti-tank is very valid as your Dragons usually get targetted early on. I find that Serpents with EML's or even BL's usually do the tank busting/shaking while you opponent tries desperately to kill your Dragons. I'm drop a few warlocks if I was you as they represent too large an investment at this point level. Ideally they may take out 2 units and contest an objective but even that assumes that they roll well in combat and aren't downed early.

I know you can't follow all of Eric's advice within these points and keep your list intact but definitely take EML's on the DA Wave Serpents and Drop a bunch of Warlocks for another Fire Prism. If another Fire Prism isn't an option then drop the first one, give all waveserpents BL's. You'll have to be very careful with combat but in terms of shooting you'l be all set.

Hope this helps at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, thanks for the comments.

My thoughts on the tactical side are to bring the (fortuned) Serpent with the Seers in front, with the Serpents of the FDs behind and possibly obscured. The FDs should be ready to disembark and remove serious threads in turn 2, while the Seers eventually disembark too if they are close enough to the enemy. The Serpents of the DAs are kept behind. Here the scatter laser's longer range comes in handy. If they can target side armor they are rather reliable to pop that tank; scatter lasers never disappointed me.
    Its sad that I have no room for another Fire Prism, but I'll think about it.
    Small Councils do not cut it unless they are given destructors. This is what I'll also think about.
    Moderator 40kOnline

+ Reply to Thread