<1000 [1500] Footslogger tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

[1500] Footslogger tourney list

Here I am as usual before a tourney, in need of a little help tuning my footslogging army.

The plan, as you can imagine, is quite straightforward: guardians stay at home on my objectives, while the rest goes forth to conquer or contest my opponents. Jetbikes in reserves for last turn objective grabbing.

AT is centered on the WLords and at close range on the wraithguard. Avatar helps with any possible assaults on the wariths.

EDIT!!!

1 Avatar of Khaine (HQ)
    Wailing Doom

1 Farseer (HQ)
    Witchblade; Shuriken Pistol
    #Ghosthelm
    Runes of Witnessing
    Runes of Warding
    Fortune

10 Wraithguard (Troops)
    Wraithcannon

1 Spiritseer
    Witchblade; Shuriken Pistol; Spiritseer; Conceal;

12 Guardian Defender Squad (Troops)
    Shuriken Catapult

1 Grav Platform
    EML (x1)

1 Warlock
    Witchblade; Shuriken Pistol; Enbolden;

12 Guardian Defender Squad (Troops)
    Shuriken Catapult

1 Grav Platform
    EML (x1)

1 Warlock
    Witchblade; Shuriken Pistol; Enbolden;

3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron (Troops)
    Shuriken Pistol; Linked Shuriken Catapults (x2); Shuriken Cannon (x1);
    Jetbike

3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron (Troops)
    Shuriken Pistol; Linked Shuriken Catapults (x2); Shuriken Cannon (x1);
    Jetbike

1 Wraithlord (Heavy Support)
    Flamer (x2); Bright Lance (x1); Missile Launcher (x1)

1 Wraithlord (Heavy Support)
    Flamer (x2); Bright Lance (x1); Missile Launcher (x1)

2 War Walker (Heavy Support)
    Right Shuriken Cannon (x2); Left Shuriken Cannon (x2)

Models in Army: 51

Total Army Cost: 1495

Last edited by Kheldar; February 5th, 2010 at 15:04.
    - Just love that maki! -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well as you mentioned in your planned tactics.. the jetbikes are used for turn-5 objective grabbing.. that being said; whyh do you need the Shuriken Cannon? You could take those points, add them to the 63 extra you have, and throw in another little unit.. DA maybe? I don't want to say any points here, but you could get a lil squad in there... or maybe use those points to give the Farseer Doom and Spirit Stones (or is he just going to sit back with the Guardian squads?).
    Since you will probably be facing more tank-mech armies in this tourny, even at 1k... maybe drop one of the Scatter lasers to a Shuriken Cannon, and then use the extra points to bump that second scatter laser to a EML? Sure the 2 Wraithlords are nice.. but it's not enough... especially if you plan on running them for the first few turns.
    Also... your Guardians won't be the primary targets of your opponents (believe me, I've ran a list like this).. give them Conceal if you give them ANY power at all. I might even say shave the warlock off completely to give yourself even MORE points to add to that 63-leftover-points-bucket you have, or build up that DA squad I was mentioning earlier.

Just my 10-cents... yeah... a whole 10 cents.
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Shuricannon is to give the bikes somethink to do while waiting for the last turn grab-contest.

Farseer stays with the wraithguards for the whole game fortuning them (otherwise their toast!)

Guardians don't really need conceal as they will be sitting in cover the whole game just waiting for the opponent to come and get them, although I might take your advice and change their platforms to EMLs.

And although I really love avengers, the times I fielded them without a WS they just perished in a couple of turns...
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA's might not be the extra unit you go for but wrekka's point is well-made. You only have a few units (good units though they are) running up and the rest of the army is static and generally ignorable. I agree that another small unit would not go amiss. Small batch of scorpions is only 120 pnts (5 scorpions with exarch, BB, and infiltrate). Thats all can think of here. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I managed to sort it out... the set up wil need some testing, but I believe it is solid enough.

I added a squadron of two outflanking walkers with twin shurikannons. They can help with keeping hordes at bay with their potloads of shots, plus they are just perfect for popping up behind the enemy and shooting at any exposed rear armor with their S6.

Sadly I had to drop the guardian count to 12 pieces per unit. Either that or cutting down on the jetbike units (which are already stripped to the bare minimum!), wraithlord armaments (and I believe I need them tooled up as they are) or find a tourney with a higher point limit! XD
    - Just love that maki! -

+ Reply to Thread