2000pts Swarm Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

2000pts Swarm Army

Tervigon
    -Catalyst
    -Regen
    -Acid Blood

Tervigon
    -Catalyst
    -Regen
    -Acid Blood

30 Termagaunts

30 Termagaunts

30 Termagaunts

30 Termagaunts

30 Termagaunts

30 Termagaunts

Doom of Malan'tai
    -Spore

Venomthrope

Venomthrope

21 Gargoyles

21 Gargoyles

21 Gargoyles

The tactics should be pretty obvious. Get to them with as much as possible and kill em. The Doom of Malan'tai is there as a suprise hidden in amongst the rest. Your opponent will be too busy dealing with the rest of the army to see it until it's too late. The tervigons help with survivability and the adrenal glands and toxin sacs will give a huge combat boost. The venomthropes are also there for survivability. The gargoyles are to give a bit of speed aswell as the extra numbers.

Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Wow,

Do you have all these models? I'm impressed dude. One thing I will say is that you lack anti tank in any viable form which I feel will be your undoing at 2000 points.

Suggestions

In keeping with the horde Maybe drop 2 squads of termies for some stealers with AG to go after the tanks

However more effective would be to drop a squad of termies and some gargs and the venomthropes to add 2 squads of 2 Zoans in spores.

Still will give you 200+ models on the Battle Fields just not 250

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

As canrifexus says your anti tank is severly lacking, but i dont think his measures are enough. At the moment the instant you come across a transport, your doomed.

Something else your severly lacking in is synapse, with only 2 feilds of it, and a weak 3rd coming down on turn 2 minimum, you just wont be able to control your whole force, theres simply no way to fit those numbers in to that coverage.

Worsening this is that not only are the guants and gargs shooty based, so the failed test is less useful, but the tervigons are the only 2 MCs in the army, so every high S gun will coming their way, fast. and they will die, very quickly, its not hard to do 12 T6 wounds with your entire armys anti tank over 2 turns.

So heres my thoughts.

Drop 60 of the guants outright and another brood with hormaguants, get rid of a gargoyle squad (possibly 2) and the 2 venomthropes. Id also say get rid of the tervigons, if your going to go swarm, go really swarmy and dont have any MCs or if you do have them, make them shooty and a distraction, for example tyrannofexs, which im afraid to say you may actually find useful in this list.

The your first buy needs to be 3 zoanthropes in a pod, swiftly followed by hive guard, again i like 3.

Then if you drop the tervigons, get some tyranid primes for synapse and back them up with warrior squads, to keep the synapse spread well.

Some genestealers wouldnt be amiss either, id go 10ish with BL and outflank them, very hard unit.

As an alternative idea if you drop both tervigons, perhaps get 1 prime and a hive commander tyrant, to help with reserves.

Hope thats useful.

P.S believ me your opponent will see doom when it comes down, start to cry in a terrified way then shoot it with everything in range till its dead. Its not exactly a hard target to spot.
    Last edited by Heirodule; February 4th, 2010 at 08:06.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I don't think dropping 2 MC's with 6 wounds for 1 with 4 is a good idea. Infact if your worried about synapse I would jsut get another Tervigon for the gaunts and have it as a troops choice.

Doom by the way is not synapse

However 150 gaunts takes a lot of killing the old they will run out of bullets before they kill them all comes to mind...

@heirodule, I think you need to take into account the style of list at play here, a tyrannofex will lose him 50 gaunts, for each warrior he could have 6 gaunts, he chose tervigons because they make more gaunts.... I think suggestions that don't build on what a list is trying to achieve but rather go on your style of play are counter productive...
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I'd drop the Tervigons, Add a Tyranid Prime and a Parasite. Both will join the horde or critters for synapse, switching from unit to unit when the units become smaller. I'd say get some Adrenal Glands on the tons of critters, that way they'll be able to take one AV10 rear vehicles.

Only true downside on this for an example is a LR spam list. They stay in there and just wither you down. You might want to try and switch one or 2 over the termagant units to Hormagants so it's less bad when they're actually outside of synapse range.
    I'd also lose the Venomthropes... If you just use one gaunt unit to screen the rest everybody except for the first one gets a 4+ cover save. People will be trying to shoot the one your synapse is in anyways...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexus View Post
    @heirodule, I think you need to take into account the style of list at play here, a tyrannofex will lose him 50 gaunts, for each warrior he could have 6 gaunts, he chose tervigons because they make more gaunts.... I think suggestions that don't build on what a list is trying to achieve but rather go on your style of play are counter productive...
    Heres the thing though, the style of play wont work currently. You can change the list all you like but a total swarm based list is not a particularly good one. Even assuming he takes a 3rd tervigon, hes still virtually deafeated by a single transport, as nothing with the attack power to kill it is fast enough to catch up. The masses of gribbleys wont do a thing until those trasnports are popped, which is why some of the swarm has to go, and be replaced by anti tank.

I also take slight umbrige at that counter productive comment, im not changing his style of list at all, ive simply highlighted a huge weakenss and have changed his list to what i think will be best to stop that weakness whilst still maintaining the theme of the army. Or ar you telling me that 150+ models isnt a swarm? Its not like ive told him to buy 2 units of stealers and then go for an uber nidzilla aproch is it now.

However 150 guants takes a lot of killing...

That may be so but if you csnt kill them in return because theyre safely holed up in transports theyve got all the time in the world.

Agreed with blood lord as to adrenal glands and parasite/prime HQ, but it still doesnt solve the anti tank problems, im a huge avocate for sending furious homaguants into battle tanks, but they just dont work on transports. You need some hard ranged anti tank in there, otherwise your going to struggle.
    Last edited by Heirodule; February 4th, 2010 at 19:13.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

It might work to put AG on all the bugs, but that's going to be very expensive...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

+ Reply to Thread