1500 points all situation army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points all situation army

HQ - Hive Tyrant w STx2,old adversary, electroshock grubs, implant attack, acid blood, leech essence and psychic scream
    Tyrant Guard x 2

Tyranid alpha - bonesword x 2, ST, adrenal glands, regen

Elites - zoanthrope x 1

zoanthrope x 1

deathleaper

Troops -
    Warriors x 4 - bonesword x 2, ST, adrenal glands

Hormaguants x 20 - either AG or TS (havent decided yet but the points is same)

Hormaguants x 20 - either AG or TS

Termaguants x 18

Heavy - Mawloc

total 1500 pts

so.... tell me what u think? i think i got a good mix of swarm,anti tank, and meq for most situations

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, I would probably split the hormies into four units of 10 (bigger target displacement and you can tie up more units quicker while you wait for the warriors and tyrant to catch up and aid) shield wall the zoanthropes with the termagants, deathleaper is a great character killer and the mawloc is alot of fun.

I like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I feel you lack the anti tank, with the zoans walking you will be lucky to kill a tank in the first couple of turns and by then I would expect them to be dead, the walking tyrant is expensive and for alot of the time can be ignored as it is slow. The death leaper is good against transports but I feel 2 more zoans in a pod would be better and its very close to the same points.

Anti swarm your gold however Anti MEQ I think you struggle. Not much shooting and any decent assault squad will take out the hormies before they get a chance to do any damage (for that reason i think you need AG) I would switch 160 points of hormies for 170 points worth of stealers giving you 10 with toxin sacs which also gives you greater maneuverability owing to their infiltrate and out flank abilities. THey will mow through MEQ

Also I would leave the ST's off the warriors and keep your HT relatively clsoe that way you can get some decent firepower out of the warriors (give them death spitters), the great thing about the Alpha is you can take the missile and lascannon wounds on him to save instakill on the warriors which is very cool.
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't like hormies as gargoyles are much better. And they're upgrades aren't as expensive so if you can field gargoyles instead of hormies.
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

+ Reply to Thread