2000pt Iyanden List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

2000pt Iyanden List

I've recently started Eldar and already have around 1000pts, I chose Iyanden because I love the boldness of their colour scheme and their fluff (and the fact that wraithguard laugh at Mcs, monoliths and pretty much any tank or elite infantry). As I am playing ten man wraithguard and lots of wraithlords I chose to only have a couple of wave serpents for flanking the enemy.
    Here it is:

Hq
    Farseer w/ guide, fortune, spirit stones, jetbike singing spear, 158

Troops
    10 Guardian Defenders, brightlance, 110 (not the most competitive but funny when they kill a landraider)
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch w/ bladestorm, 147 + Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked scatter lasers 115
    10 Wraithguard, spiritseer w/ conceal, singing spear, 402

Elites
    10 Howling banshees, exarch w/ war shout, acrobatics, 182 + Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked scatter lasers, star engines 130
    7 Harlequins, Shadowseer, 7 Harlequin Kisses 194

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord, w/ eldar missile launcher, brightlance 155
    Wraithlord, wraithsword, eldar missile launcher 125
    Wraithlord, wraithsword, eldar missile launcher 125

Tactics - (sort of a rolling gunline)
    Wraithguard, avatar and 1-3 wraithlords go in big group of awesomeness and kill anything that gets too close. Harlies go towards the enemy and laugh as they fail to shoot them (average sight is 14" and harlies have fleet...). Banshees and Dire Avengers try and "push or pull the enemies army towards the big group of awesomeness. Guardians sit on home objective, sometimes accompanied by the shooty wraithlord. Farseer turboboosts EVERY turn to get 3+ cover and fortunes/guides units.

C&C welcome and wanted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

if you are sticking to the fluff i suggest dropping something...probably the banshees for a smaller squad of wrathguard. I may get a death jester too since ur a gun line.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please take another Shuriken Catapult on your DA exarch. Please. Its 5pts for another 2 shots and another 3 when Bladestorming. Why not make that fistful of dice even harder to hold all at once?

On a more serious note you're going to have to be very careful with that Farseer. She's flying around by herself but needs to stick close to the Wraithlords (unless all 3 are chilling with the WG which would be a hell of a phalax). She'll be a sweet target for a lascannon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

I like phalanx, its my squad of awesomeness. Sometimes th shooty one will not be in the squad of awesomeness but the farseer can turboboost to it if that particular turn is very important.
    I know what you mean with the farseer, its very hard to use but I can normally pull it off (if you had to choose between a farseer just being annoying, the avatar and the wraith units (al things you'd shoot with S6+) you're going to have a hard time choosing which one). Could replace him with Yriel, thoughts?
    Concerning the dual catapults I'll have a look for 3 points. oh wait got it, farseer spear. So theres your dual cats. Thanks for that.

if you are sticking to the fluff i suggest dropping something...probably the banshees for a smaller squad of wrathguard. I may get a death jester too since ur a gun line.
    Rolling gunline, the difference is that it can mve and shoot, I''d take dark reapers and warwalkers if it was a gunline. Its more a get up in your face list, I would probably still ad him but I can't find the points.
    Also I have 52 models in my army, 13 of them are wraith units. Thats a 1/4 of my army, I don't think Iyanden has NO guys left, I mean Yriel must have had some mates. I agree that the most fluffy list is Yriel, 4 troop wraithguard and 2/3 wraithlord but that may be a bit expensive. Seriously though, I could take another squad but that would mean losing at least 3 things from the list. I want this to be semi-competitive as well as Iyanden.

Thanks for comments so far. Please post more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sancraer View Post
    I've recently started Eldar and already have around 1000pts, I chose Iyanden because I love the boldness of their colour scheme and their fluff (and the fact that wraithguard laugh at Mcs, monoliths and pretty much any tank or elite infantry). As I am playing ten man wraithguard and lots of wraithlords I chose to only have a couple of wave serpents for flanking the enemy.
    Here it is:

Hq
    Farseer w/ guide, fortune, spirit stones, jetbike singing spear, 158Drop the jetbike, drop guide, add doom. +25pts.

Troops
    10 Guardian Defenders, brightlance, 110 (not the most competitive but funny when they kill a landraider)
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch w/ bladestorm, 147 + Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked scatter lasers 115Add dual catapults -5, turn the tl scatters into tl shuriken cannons +15
    10 Wraithguard, spiritseer w/ conceal, singing spear, 402

Elites
    10 Howling banshees, exarch w/ war shout, acrobatics, 182 + Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked scatter lasers, star engines 130change scatters for shuriken cannons, drop star engines. +30
    7 Harlequins, Shadowseer, 7 Harlequin Kisses 194add death jester -10pts, remove 1 kiss +4

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord, w/ eldar missile launcher, brightlance 155
    Wraithlord, wraithsword, eldar missile launcher 125drop the EML +25
    Wraithlord, wraithsword, eldar missile launcher 125drop sword, add lance -30

Tactics - (sort of a rolling gunline)
    Wraithguard, avatar and 1-3 wraithlords go in big group of awesomeness and kill anything that gets too close. Harlies go towards the enemy and laugh as they fail to shoot them (average sight is 14" and harlies have fleet...). Banshees and Dire Avengers try and "push or pull the enemies army towards the big group of awesomeness. Guardians sit on home objective, sometimes accompanied by the shooty wraithlord. Farseer turboboosts EVERY turn to get 3+ cover and fortunes/guides units.

C&C welcome and wanted.
    This leave your at a +54, I suggest adding a warlock with embolden to your guardian defenders. Then adding some other odd upgrades somwhere. You could add another harlequin and upgrade him to troop master.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread