1800 revised - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1800 revised

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1800 revised

okay so iv completely revised my 1800 point list to better suit tournament play let me know how it is

HQ
    (2) Hive tyrant
    -winged
    -scything talons
    -hive commander

ELITE
    2 zoanthrope
    -spore
    2 zoanthrope
    -spore
    2 venomthrope

TROOP
    (2) Tervigon
    -adrenal
    -toxin
    -cluster spines
    -catalyst
    (2) 23 termigants
    (2) 12 Termigants
    -devourers

TOTAL 1800

Im stuck between outflanking the Tervigons or the termigants, i'm thinking maybe just doing all standard gants instead and rush for objectives with them and the venomthropes but id like opinions from others. i feel i could probably shuffle around points maybe drop 2 units of termigants and put in a mawloc/trygon for more anti tank if you guys feel i dont have enough anti tank already. maybe even drop the venomthropes and spore the termigants instead so there would be no need for the venomthropes. Should I use devourers on the tyrant or stick with the scything talons?

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

It looks like your trying to do something similar to my 2500 drop list.

If you are there is a couple of changes i'd make:

Don't hedge you bets if going drop don't leave a little bit of your army to get shot at till you come on (because there will be nothing left). give the devilgaunts a spore and outflank the tervigons, lose the other termagaunts

Get a mawloc or trygon or 2 and lose the venomthropes.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexus View Post
    It looks like your trying to do something similar to my 2500 drop list.
    It has inspired me I guess you could say to rethink my over all approach to this army. I want the best chances for succsess with my list in the tourney and tweeking ur drop list and keeping some aspects of my original list I think might give me the edge I need.

I'm still learning and figuring out new ideas with the new nid codex. I had the last one down but there is alot more stratagy to the new one it's not a let's field 6 carnies and win codex anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I agree with Carnifexus. Starting with half an army is usually a bad idea. Even if just for a turn. If you don't have first turn you'll get 2 turns worth of shooting over you before the reserves arrive. I'd get the venomthropes a spore, and get 2 units of devgants in spores and DS them close to each other.

And keep the Talons on the HT. Let you opponent focus on the Zoanthrope's first then just charge and have fun
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i were to spore the devil gants then i would probably drop the other two units all together, and max them out instead to 20 devil gants each spore at that point are the venomthropes still worth it? everything would be arriving from reserve anyway. and i could probably shuffle around points for a trygon if i do drop the venomthropes and just keep an all reserve army instead of keeping two units of lone gants on the table for 2 turns.

+ Reply to Thread