AUssiedave's 2000pt all comers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

AUssiedave's 2000pt all comers list

So here is my new list. I have used it a few times and had quite good success with it.

HQ
    Shas'El - MP, PR, TA, HWMT - 97
    - 2x Bodyguard - MP, PR, TA, HWMT - 164

Shas'El - FB, PR, TA, HWMT - 97
    - 2x Bodyguard - FB, PR, TA, HWMT - 164

Elite
    XV8 Team Leader, FB, PR, TA, HWMT - 77 pts
    XV8 Team Leader, MP, PR, TA, HWMT - 77 pts
    XV8 Team Leader, MP, PR, TA, HWMT - 77 pts

Troops
    6 FW's - 60
    10 Kroot - 70
    10 Kroot - 70
    10 Kroot - 70
    10 Kroot - 70

Fast Attack
    5 Pathfinders, Devilfish, DP's - 151
    5 Pathfinders, Devilfish, DP's - 151
    2 Piranha, FB, flechettes, DP's - 150

Heavy
    Ion head, SMS, DP, MT, TL - 145
    Ion head, SMS, DP, MT, TL - 145
    Railhead, BC's, MT, DP - 165

Total - 2000 pts.

I originally had 8 pathfinders in each squad, I dropped three from each as I was finding that I was wasting a lot of the markerlight shots. 4 hits on average per turn, but the list is built on the idea of maximizing the effectiveness of individual units. All the FK's and Helios have TA's already, so the BS increase isn't as beneficial.

Using the points from each of those squads and taking the flechettes from a Devilfish I was able to afford another squad of Kroot.

I only have one rail gun which I will probably use more for submunition shots anyway which means AV 14 is a bit of a problem, but I feel like I make up for it with the six fusion blasters I am carrying around.

I am thinking four units of kroot might become unwieldy, so might drop one unit and add five hounds to two of the units, and then through the Flechettes back on the DFish.....don't know about that though.

I would love to hear people's thoughts.

Dave

I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kinds of scenarios have you played this list in?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I would want to see this list against mech Marines -- Vulkan, in particular -- and mech IG, which I feel will really stretch your ability to pop armour effectively. The lack of dedicated long-range anti-heavy armour troubles me. If it were me, I would actually replace the railhead with broadsides. We have the only long-range AP 1 weapon in all of 40K. It seems ... wrong to not take serious advantage of that feature.

Care to supply some batreps?

I would otherwise suggest that since you have the 2nd devilfish you should actually take a 2nd unit of fire warriors to make it a scoring vehicle. You could easily replace a unit of Kroot with that unit and have 10 more points to blow somewhere.

Otherwise, not too shabby.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread