2000 Monster list. Feasible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

2000 Monster list. Feasible?

Okay, this is another list of mine that resulted from being bored in between classes at college. The concept was initially to spend as few points on troops as possible (I started with just two brood of three rippers, totaling 60 points, though I eventually decided to get a little more insurance); the rest of my point would go to as many big creatures as possible...upon writing this, I realize that it would have been consistent to add in Deathleaper...oh well! This is just a first try at the ridiculous. Would this list ever work?

Me no score, you no score

HQ

Hive Tyrant (250)
    --wings
    --scything talons x 2
    --regeneration

Hive Tyrant (250)
    --wings
    --scything talons x 2
    --regeneration

Elite

The Doom of Malan'tai (90)
    3 Zoanthrope (180)
    3 Hive guard (150)

Troops

10 Termagant (50)
    10 Termagant (50)
    10 Termagant (50)
    10 Termagant (50)
    10 Termagant (50)

Heavy Support

Old One Eye (260)

Tyannofex (295)
    --rupture cannon
    --regeneration

Trygon Prime (240)

Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

What are you trying to achieve here as many MC's as possible?
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Not just as many MCs as possible; were that the case, I would have gone with 3 groups of 3 fexes. I am trying to make an army focused centrally around individual big-baddies that could actually succeed in reality.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I would start by cutting old one eye, and regeneration from everything. I don't think OOE has the killing power for his points, and with the number of monstrous creatures you are fielding regeneration is not going to be needed because you likely wont loose too many of them.

Next I would add 2 Tervigons with catalyst, so that you can have troops to take objectives at the end of the game, then bunch your gaunts into larger groups so that you have only 3 units of 15-20 that way your opponents can't just shoot your non feel no pained gaunts.

Next I would Give the Doom a myctic spore so he can start in the heart of the enemy, and I would try to get another deepstriking unit with he and the Trygon (perhaps a trygon buddy?)

My new list would look like this I think--

HQ- tyrant as you have it with hive commander instead of regeneration (255)

Elites- As you have them but, only two hive guard and spores (w/deathspitters) for zoans & Doom (470)

Troops- 2 Terivons catalyst, 3 15 gaunt termies (575)

Heavy Support- Tyrannofex, rupture cannon, 2 trygons (675)
    and you have points for 5 more gaunts (or you could lose 3 and give both tervigons toxin sacs and adrenal glands).

Then you choose whether or not to start your tyrant one the table (I think I normally would depending on the amount of heavy fire they will put out), and deepstrike your Trygons, deathleaper, zoans, and Doom right in their face. They should all show up pretty early because of hive commander, and if youre lucky you will get deathleaper early and everything that misses turn one down on turn two. Your gaunts just march up with your tervigons/tyrannofex then plant on the objectives with feel no pain.
    Last edited by nichodemus10; February 9th, 2010 at 01:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Thanks for the advice, man. Here's my problem with the Tervis; statistically, the odds of rolling one set of doubles on three dice is rather high, and they, in all likelihood, will not make up their worth in the number of troops they spawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Your point is right on in for the sake of killing power, but what they do get you if you can afford the upgrades is all of your nearby termagents hitting on 4s and wounding on 4s with re-rolls (against MEQ), and a Six wound, toughness six, beast that you can put down on an objective that can spawn about 20 WS 3 St 4 poisoned attacks when some one tries to lock it in hand to hand which is normally good enough to kill 2 or 3 marines.

And don't spawn all of the time, only spawn when you need extra troops by you or you need to leave some guys on an objective, and abuse catalyst...gaunts with a 4+ cover save and feel no pain are as resilient to str 4 weapons as marines are (which is a scary thought) or put it on your Trygon before he assault thunderwolf calvary or PAGKs whose high strength attacks are now wasted . Your tervigons aren't your killing force, they are your surviving force, If you enemies focuses everything on your high kill power creature you have lots of scoring units left. If he focuses on your tervigons you just start pumping out guys so you have lots of scoring units and pummel away with your tyrant and Trygons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you said about the tervigon is totally not true I spawned 43 termagaunts with two of them in one game. I had hoped to roll doubles after a while because I was running out of models. Tervigons are totally worth it as I spawned about 215 points of little guys. Thats like a free 215 extra points because the tervigon is a montrous creature and does a good job at that. Also another thing to note with your list is that tyrannofexes are absolutely dreadful. I haven't heard of anyone who has had success with him replace him with a mawloc or another trygon. He's just not worth it.
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Hmmmmm...I have seen since the codex came out a number of people have decent success with the tyranno...it's just not nearly as fun to praise as it is to complain.

Anyway, the new list will look something like this, as your point about the Tyranno is well taken, along with the tervi...

Me no score, you no score

HQ

Hive Tyrant (230)
    --wings
    --scything talons x 2

Swarmlord (280)

Elite

The Doom of Malan'tai (90)
    3 Zoanthrope (220)
    --spore
    Deathleaper (140)

Troops

15 Termagant (75)
    15 Termagant (75)
    15 Termagant (75)
    Tervigon (195)
    --catalyst
    --toxin sacs
    --adrenal glands
    Tervigon (195)
    --catalyst
    --toxin sacs
    --adrenal glands

Heavy Support

Mawloc (170)

Trygon Prime (240)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like your new list however I myself have thought of taking death leaper but he is incredibly subject to instant death and he can't assault the turn he comes in. If he could he'd be worth it. I have heard great things about the doom of malanthai but I heard he is best put in a spore. Also I love the swarmlord. Good list test it out and tell me how it does.
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Yeah, I'm not sure how effective Deathleaper will be. At the moment I am just keeping him in to go with the theme of the list until I am proven that he sucks.

+ Reply to Thread