My first eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first eldar army

Hey I am new to the forums and a new warhammer 40k player.

I picked tau just out of my friends suggestion as he has played 40k for a while and said that the style of play would fit me.

My funds have been somewhat limited and as a result I had to mix and match what I could and buy most the things off ebay.

With no funding left and around 100 bucks spent this is what I have:

- 10 guardians

- 3 Dark Reapers (1 exarch)

- 1 Heavy support platform w/ crew

- 5 dire avenger (1 exarch)

- 9 fire dragons (1 exarch)

- 1 Avatar

- 1 Farseer

- 1 Warlock

- 5 rangers/pathfinders

I have read the codex before hand and during the purchases and have looked at the forums and realize that this isn't the best starting list but, this is what I have. And I dont have anymore money to spend atm nor will I resell them and buy more.
    I am wondering how to field these units considering I am playing my 3 buddies. One plays as tau, one as chaos space marines, and one as tyranids. Your comments are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first few issues I see are as such: -The Dragons are going to be very hard to use without a transport. You'll have to rely on a baiting you opponent closer which won't work too well with Tau but very well with Tyranids.
    -The next thng is that your troop section is a little lacking. You should be fine with what you have. The pathfinders and 12 Guardians and platform together are about 250 points without a warlock. You'll want a warlock for sure.
    -With what you have you'll basicly only be able to make one list which is as such:

Farseer (Doom, Fortune, Spirit Stones, RunesOWarding)

12 Guardians (Brightlance Defenc Platform)
    -Warlock (singing spear, Conceal)

5 Dire Avengers (Exarch, Bladestorm, Extra Shuri Cannon)

5 Pathfinders

3 Dark Reapers (Exarch, Tempest Launcher, CracShot)

6 Fire Dragons (Exarch)

Without Dark Reapers the above is 889pts. This leaves you 111pts for teh Reapers (I'm not sure of their price). If you have left-over points then spend it on Dragons. Like I said this list will struggle with armour and is not very good, but will work well in a fun-oriented environment. Next steps would be to get Serpents for Dragons and Avengers and some other anti-tank like Prisms or Flanking War walkers. If you need to buy stuff cheap try bartertown.com. This site is awesome for trading with people. I got 3 Fire Prisms and 4 War walkers comming right now for which I traded a Warmachine army.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread