1500 Competitive Footslogging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

1500 Competitive Footslogging

Final version of my list is here --> http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...l-version.html

This is my 1500 point list. Pretty plain. I'll probably be using this army at the ConQuest GT this summer.

HQ
    [85] Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field

Elites
    [225] 15 Lootas
    [225] 15 Lootas
    [90] 6 Lootas

Troops
    [235] 30 Ork Boyz w/ Shootas, 3 Big Shootas; Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole

Heavy Support
    [135] 3 Killa Kanz w/ Grotzookas

Total: 1500 Points

So for my Lootas should I use them in 15/15/6 formation or 12/12/12 formation? I'm considering dropping the third squad entirely and running 2 15-man squads. But what would I spend the remaining 90 points on?

Last edited by MorbidlyObeseMonkey; February 17th, 2010 at 04:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not the most competitive player but if it were me I would drop the extra 6 lootas and grab either a squad or two of gretchin for objective holding. Or you could get a few zapp guns and have them support the lootas in the back. If it were me I'd get the gretchin though, but looks like a solid foot slogging list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend turning the 2 30 boys into 3 20 boys. You can get an extra scoring unit in the mix, another power klaw and a bit more versitility. I used a 20 and 2 25 squads in Ard Boys and their numbers were never threatened. You will have to cut the Lootas down or eliminate them completely for Grots (Great idea shabang.) They can hide and capture objectives or serve as a second KFF as you walk squads towards seperate quarters.

I would also then suggest 10/10/10 lootas. 10 Lootas can take out an enemy transport and flush out the gooey center for your Boys to feast on.

Well theres my two cents. I hope it adds more punch to your army.

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Thanks for the input guys. The spare 90 points could be spent on a SAG mek. At the moment I'm leaning towards something like this.

HQ
    [85] Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field
    [100] Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun, Bosspole

Elites
    [225] 15 Lootas
    [210] 14 Lootas

Troops
    [49] 13 Gretchin + Runtherd

Heavy Support
    [90] 2 Killa Kanz w/ Grotzookas

Total: 1499 Points

SAG mek attaches to the grots. I think this is a good idea because it adds another target for my opponent to shoot at. Also, it allows my boyz to move forward in objective missions because my grots can capture the rear one. I don't really like their T2, but I guess I can live with it. Overall, I prefer larger loota squads because they take advantage of the mob rule and they're one less kill point. I don't really have a problem with overkill; IMO you can never be to sure (to a point, ofcourse).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a cool list, but IMO orks just don't have what it takes to be a shooty army. Lootas are great for supporting fire while your army advances. I really think your gonna have big problems with IG, Tau, or another army with a decent shooty list. The reason being, you just don't have enough CC or boys for a 1500 list. As far as a footslogging lists goes, I have a 1500 slogging list that has about 200 models. I strongly belive if your gonna slog it, you gotta be able to pack( and lose) a lot of boys.(even gretchin)

I also think you'd have problems with a nid lists, and these days, theres a lot of them... Most nids lists have at least one squad of Stealers, and thats gonna spell death with your Lootas.

With that being said, I really like your list, but it may be tough for you fighting a big CC and a big Shooty list. Let me know what you think, but i'm just one guy with an opinion and if it works for you, then go for it bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like your Loota lines. I find they are SCARY good at softening up anything except AV14. I have played similar design, and I have found having a Mec with Shokk and PK in my list allows me to have it join one of my Loota lines, and that can help repel any CC action from flanking scouts (or one time, a Dreadnaught that drop-podded and assaulted, which tar-pitted my lootas, who couldn't to anything in CC against AV12 front armor). I havn't run Killa Kanz yet, but I'm guessing either you have, or you will in upcoming games to refine your tactics. I'm PMing you re: Vassal

+ Reply to Thread