1000pt Tyranid Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Tyranid Tournament List

*Before getting started, people may remember I posted something bashing tournament style play killing the hobby- could I emphasise my point was playing tournament lists OUTSIDE tournaments. As this is a tournament... I both expect cheese and am willing to bring cheese*

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant, 2 Sets of Twin Linked Devourers

ELITE:
    3 Zoanthropes

TROOPS:
    8 Genestealers, Toxic Sacs

7 Genestealers

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Carnifex, 2 Sets of Twin Linked Devourers

Carnifex, 2 Sets of Twin Linked Devourers

Comes to 995pts Exactly (enough for Frag Spines on a carnifex hooray!)

Strengths; 3 lots of twin linked dakka basically removes 1 unit a turn from the game minimum, I use this to take out troop choices or tempting targets depending on the mission rolled. Zoanthropes pop tanks/High T Low Sv models.
    Stealers claim objectives or massacre the entire enemies army depending on how successful the first two turns of shooting are.

Weaknesses; Low Numbers, Only 156 5+ Toughness 4 troops to remove before I lose any scoring units.

I've had 1 draw (space wolf list where my highest dice roll all game was a 3- 36 Str 6 re-rolling misses shots managed to kill one space wolf) and the rest have been massacres.

Highpoint so far has been a Trygon popping up, killing 1 Genestealer from shooting then being obliterated by Two Carnifexes from shooting and combat.

Your thoughts would be appreciated on whether I'd be better off dropping the Stealers for Hormogaunts? I could fit in 2 biggish units quite easily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Please make sure you post army lists in the appropriate army list forum.

*Thread Moved*

Thank You,
    Alzer.

Well hey there MrPink. I must say it has been a while, good to see ya back.

I'm almost a bit amused to see someone fielding a dakka nidzilla list with the new codex. Not that it's bad, just this new wave of tervigon/trygon obsession nearly made me forget!

I think that the genestealers would be a bettter troops choice. That way you don't have to worry about synapse for them, giving you much more flexibility. I would consider dropping one of your zoanthrope for a handful of extras, kick the squads up to 10 or so, just for that little extra scrap of survivability. Honestly if I were to field only one sort of troop from this codex though. It would be warriors, no questions asked. Their durability and staying power, along with being fearless, make them fantastic objective grabbers in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

I think other than the stealers, you're good. It looks like the only issue you may have is troops to cap points. Sure the stealers can do that but with only two units, they are going to be a prime target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will be in trouble if your tournament has objective missions. Stelaers tend to get shot up when they are sitting on an objective.
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the warm welcome back sir. I may not have posted due to time constraints but rest assured I was lurking in the background

The thing is, I think everyone fell for "shiny new toy" syndrome when the new book came out. I've been playing Nids a long time, just because there's some new stuff in the book doesn't mean we have to chuck out our old army styles.

Dakka is still a viable concept, I was playing a game against a Black Templar army (God that was a good game, I didn't lose a single model until the last turn when I deliberately set up a unit of Genestealers to be in charge range so his last model had something to do) and this is what happened;

*Hive Tyrant in building shoots at marine squad, takes out 6*
    *Black Templar Terminators charge hive tyrant*
    *Hive Tyrant kills them all*

Just because you take a monstrous creature and kit him out to be really shooty, don't forget he's still a monstrous creature with really badass tactics. Also, ok Genestealers are squishy targets- but every turn he's shooting them, he's ignoring my big bugs- and hey if by turn 2 all my troops are dead, at least I know the only way to win is to kill every single one of his models so go in guns blazing

+ Reply to Thread