Looking at starting 40k, would this list work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    a frozen hell from which there is no escape (Utah)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Looking at starting 40k, would this list work?

HQ:
    Warboss
    +Klaw
    +Cybork
    +Eavy Armour
    +Kombi-Scorcha
    +Attack Squig

Troopz:
    Nobz Mob x4
    +Bikes x4
    +Klaws x3
    +Cybork x4
    +Eavy Armour x4
    +Painboy x1
    +Bosspole x1

Boyz x12
    +Big Shoota x1
    +Nob
    ++Klaw
    ++Bosspole
    +Trukk
    ++Armor Plates?
    ++Grot Riggers or Red Paint Job?
    Fast Attakz:
    Deffkoptas x3
    +Sawz x3
    +Kustom Mega-Blasta x3

'Eavy Support:
    Kill Kanz x3
    +Skorcha
    +Grotzooka
    +Kustom Mega-Blasta
    +Riggers x3
    +Armour Plates x3
    -
    1000 total
    ---

Just looking at the AoBR Box, and thinking of the ways to get the most out of it! Everything besides the Kanz will come from one Black Reach box and one Nobz box, with a lot of conversion work and some bitz (including bikes and biker legs for the Nobz and Warboss). Including bits and other conversion stuff, it should be roughly ~$200 or so, and it gives me a Marine army to experiment on like a Bad Dok!

Any suggestions for improvements without changing the overall "feel" of the force? I love the idea of the Orks riding in on the Trukks, Koptaz, and Warbikez while killing everything that moves (and anything that doesn't, just to be thorough! )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Well, you're gonna need a lot more boyz, methinks. That's a big part of orks, you need lots and lots of expendable troops.

Since the kanz are in a squad, the riggers are only going to be useful on the last one alive (since immobilized=wrecked in a vehicle squad), and armor plates probably wont end up helping you all that much, since stunned counts as shaken in a squad. So I'd take those upgrades off.

Also, your deffkoptaz are waaaay too expensive for what you want them to do. I'd use them with big shootas and no sawz, since your nob biker squad already does an admirable job of having fast Powerklaws.

The only upgrades I typically take on trukks are red paint and a ram, plates and riggers rarely come into play because when someone shoots at a truck, it usually either doesn't get hit, or explodes xD

Boss looks good IMO though! That's more or less the way I usually run mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The trukk is overloaded. I'd just use 12 slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole in a trukk w/ram and stikkbomb chukka (the chukka is optional).

Where is the boss going? He can't fit in the trukk, and without a bike, he can't attack to the nobz. You definitely need to attach him somewhere.

Be sure to field the killa kans as individual units of one kan each. If they're all in the same unit, then they need to all have the same type of gun, or else most of your shots will be wasted. I don't like skorchas on killa kans. Skorcha buggies are a lot better for that. For Killa Kans, I'd say kmbs or grotzookas are the way to go. If you have a skorcha model, then just glue a random bit or two to it and call it a kmb.

Finally, yes, you need more troops. At the very least you need a small unit of grots, just to grab objectives and distract the enemy.

Ultimately, you may find that nob bikers are too expensive for the 1000 point level. Shoota boyz would probably serve you better. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Please post all army lists in the appropriate army list subforum.

*Thread Moved*

Thank You,
    Alzer

a frozen hell from which there is no escape (Utah)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    Please post all army lists in the appropriate army list subforum.

*Thread Moved*

Thank You,
    Alzer
    Sorry, I meant to post in the army forum but my netbook has big trouble with this forum.

+ Reply to Thread