Diddent lost a battle yet list 1499 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diddent lost a battle yet list 1499 points

Hi , i'm very pleased with this setup :

HQ : Hive tyrant w/ hive commander ;Old adversery ;Adrenal Glands ;Brainleech Devourer
    Psychic Powers : Leech essence & paroxysm
    Hive tyrant guard 305 points

Elites 1 : Lictor 65 points

Elites 2 : Zoanthrope 60 points

Elites 3 : 3 Hiveguards 150 points

Troops 1 : 23 termagants w/ devourer 1 w/ stranglerweb 235 points

Troops 2,3,4,5 : 9 genestealers w/ Adrenal Glands ;Scything talons 684 points

Total : 1499 points

Plan is very simple , setup all termagants round the HQ to get cover save there, Zoanthrope closest to enemy line to soak up shooting , idc if it dies...and the genestealers do the rest ....

Advize me ,any tips or adjustments are welcome ...cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Right just a few things first off before we get into your army- Its a little hard to make out how you've written up this list which I'm guessing might explain the lack of replies.

Can you confirm that your army consists of the following;

Hive Tyrant + 1 Tyrant Guard
    Lictor
    Zoanthrope
    3 Hive Guard
    1 Unit of Termies
    4 units of 9 Genestealers

Ok, I've got a couple of concerns with this list.

It's not quite one thing or another, you've got 4 units of Stealers charging forwards but they dont have anything to back them up and you dont have enough shooting to be a sit back and shoot list.
    The Hive Tyrant is equipped with 1 set of Talons and 1 set of Devourers- make him 2 sets of talons or 2 sets of devourers- he'll still be great in combat even with 2 guns kitted out to him and that way you'll make him have more of an obvious purpose.

I'm worried about sitting back with Termies with devourers, for 10pts a model you really need them charging forwards to try and make their points cost back. I'd personally drop the Devourers and keep them cheap and cheerful- that way you can add another unit of 23 for the same points.

Lastly, Zoanthropes are AMAZING- they're not meatshields or cannon fodder to be thrown away, seriously with a list like this you need anti tank, one lone thrope isn't going to cut the mustard backing up the Hive Guard. I'd drop the Lictor and bump up the Zoanthropes through cutting some other points elsewhere in the list or drop lictor+Zoanthrope and take another unit of hive guard.

Having said all that, this isn't a particularly strong list and if you've not lost a battle yet with it you probably know what you're doing. If it works for you, don't fix it lol

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

also, it's impossible for termagaunts to give the hive tyrant a cover save. all mounstrous creatures must follow the same rules for vehicles when claiming a cover save. So that means atleast 50% of the MC must be covered in order to claim a cover save. Unless you have a venomthrope and keep it safe too. Last time i checked guants couldn't even cover 25% of a tyrant ^^. Your list seems to lack firepower. 2 squads of shooty guys doesn't seem enough and you only have one zoanthrope that can punch through av14 apart from your tyrant. have you considered splitting up your hive gaurd so that they shoot more targets? your kill point tally won't change that much and you have a very small number anyway.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

also, it's impossible for termagaunts to give the hive tyrant a cover save. all mounstrous creatures must follow the same rules for vehicles when claiming a cover save. So that means atleast 50% of the MC must be covered in order to claim a cover save. Unless you have a venomthrope and keep it safe too. Last time i checked guants couldn't even cover 25% of a tyrant ^^. Your list seems to lack firepower. 2 squads of shooty guys doesn't seem enough and you only have one zoanthrope that can punch through av14 apart from your tyrant. have you considered splitting up your hive gaurd so that they shoot more targets? your kill point tally won't change that much and you have a very small number anyway.
    thanks
    antique_nova

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

@Antique:

The tyrant will get a cover save due to the guard. Since they form a unit, as long as the guard is behind some gaunts, the whole unit will get cover saves due to 50% of the unit (the guard) being in cover.

That said, the list is ok, but it's not really dominating. The fact that you haven't lost yet just means that you probably haven't gone up against a very strong list yet (and I don't mean a power-list). Any tournament-worthy list should be able to deal with your army without much problem. I'd go for the recommendations MrPink has suggested. They're solid.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi again ,

I will take ur advise wizely ! thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my 1500 point list I run 2 zoans for tank busting. Have you played a list full of tanks yet?
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the main thing is, whenever anyone mentions tanks they seem to focus on popping armour value 14 etc.

Remember the single biggest threat in 5th ed is rhinos. Go for the rhinos first (monstrous creatures with devourers work wonderfully at this) and use Zoanthropes to pop the big boys.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

Hmm, i guess that's right. but he doesn't ignore his MC status when he's with a squad. He just can't be picked out. So in theory if he isn't with the guard squad then he can't claim the cover save behind some gaunts. Am i right?
    thanks
    antique_nova

+ Reply to Thread