1000 point footslogging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point footslogging

Hey everyone,

basically my club is planning to have a tournament/league type thing around march and i'm trying to get organised in advance

I normally play eldar but have some orks and was thinking that I might use them in the games for a change

The thing is I only at the moment I don't have all that many models (60 boyz, 8 lootas) so I was looking to get some feedback on the list I was thinking of using before going out and buying the models that I would need for it.

Anyway, heres the list in question

HQ

Big Mek with KFF

Elites

8 Lootas

8 Lootas

Troops

20 gretchin
    2 runtherds

30 shoota boyz
    3 with big shootas
    nob with power klaw

30 shoota boyz
    3 with big shootas
    nob with power klaw

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans with grotzookas

General ideas being advance with the boyz while the lootas stay back in cover somewhere to try and take down transports etc. KFF mek gives the boyz cover save for added survivability and the gretchin either sit back on an objective or get used as a fire screen depending on the game type. Kanz advance with the rest probably close enough to the mek for the cover save or maybe use the gretchin for that

Anyway, not played with my orks too much before so if there are any huge errors in my plans or my list please feel free to point them out

Thanks

Edit: Meant to say, my expected opponents will be, nids, space wolves, daemonhunters or necrons, IG, marines and tau

Last edited by Ikras; February 14th, 2010 at 14:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

You don't really have anything to combat 2+ armor saves or 13+ armor. I'd replace the killa kans' grotzookas with kmbs or rokkits (kmbs being my favorite).

The units of boyz definitely need bosspoles. They cost almost nothing and help them a lot.

The lootas could really use 1 more model in each unit, since 9 models is less likely to panic than 8. If you don't have the models, then you could always add a mek w/big shoota to each. Of course, I'm not sure if you have the points available for this change, so it's up to you.

You don't need 2 runtherds in each unit. Either field 2 units of 10 grots, or 1 unit of 12-16 grots. That's enough.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback, at the moment it's still very much to be decided what models I will pick up as out of all the models I have the boyz and 8 lootas i got off ebay.

My plans were to get 2 boxes of lootas, 2 boxes of gretchin and the big mek with KFF model just now as long as the feedback was good on the models in the list. I don't have the kans at the moment but was going to preorder the new ones for when they are released, have enough spare bits from other sources that I should be able to give them any weapons I want to.

With your feedback the list looks something like this now

HQ

Big Mek with KFF

Elites

9 Lootas

8 Lootas

Troops

15 gretchin
    1 runtherd

30 shoota boyz
    3 with big shootas
    nob with power klaw, bosspole

30 shoota boyz
    3 with big shootas
    nob with power klaw, bosspole

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans with grotzookas

Given the option I would prefer to give the Kans the KMB but not sure where it is best to take the points from, I could get a lot more points by dropping one of the units of lootas and use their points to bulk up the other unit and then be able to upgrade the Kans but would it be too risky to take only the one squad of lootas? Not really had much experience playing with my orks at this scale and feel I have based my list on others I have seen

+ Reply to Thread