1K Cult of the Screams - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1K Cult of the Screams

Hi there,

I'm having a tournament next sunday and just decided to bring the dark kin instead of my Tyranids. The big problem is, they're still a bit rusty (only played perhaps ten games 5th edition). So yesterday I played two games on 1k, and tough I won both, I learned some importand lessons once again. Anyway this is the list I used, feel free to comment.

HQ
    Archite, Punisher, Tormentor Helmet, Combat drugs, Shadowfield, Plasma grenades, Wych weapons: 147pts

TROOPS
    6 Wyches, 2 Blaster, Succusbus, Terrorfex: 105pts
    Raider, Horrorfex: 60pts
    6 Wyches, 2 Blaster, Succusbus, Terrorfex: 105pts
    5 Wyches, 2 Blaster, Succusbus, Terrorfex: 93pts
    5 Wyches, 2 Blaster, Succusbus, Terrorfex: 93pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Ravager, 3 Dark Lances: 105pts
    Ravager, 3 Dark Lances: 105pts

My obvious weakness is killpoints, but I guess it's impossible to make a Dark Eldar list without tons of easy killpoints. Ironically I had to fight killpoints twice yesterday, but by taking out enemy vehicles and pinning everything on the board, both my opponents only scored one killpoint.
    One of the important lessons I learned, I not to let my Archite die. She failed to charge (into terrain), and got shot down. This was a severe blow, since after this I had a hard time killing the enemy once they where in terrain.

A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

I feel in two minds about this particular list. In one way, I look at it as completely effective against a Transport army, and one that relies on its few high toughness opponents. If you come across one such enemy as this, then you should prove to be victorious. However, if you are facing a MEQ list, I have a feeling that you will definitely struggle. It would be interesting to know which lists you have beaten with this certain army force,although this is just an initial premise.

For starters, I feel that one Ravager needs to be outfitted as a complete Dissie setup, as this will totally annihilate troops and those pesky fast attacks. you state that it is hard to attack the enemy once they are in terrain, and a bombardment of Blast Templates validates my claim.

As your obvious strength lies in CC, I still have to ask you something... where are your Wych Weapons? They have not been included in the points cost. Never, ever leave home without them. Not to mention Plasma. An absolute must.

Aside from that, I feel that the Wych squads will get torn up, as they are at near minimum squad size (two are at minimum), so consider either dropping one or two of them, and possible investing in something with a little more kick, possibly a squad of Reavers. Me personally, I like to use these as carrion flies, buzzing around annoying the absolute sanity out of my enemy, while my Wyches make their way up the field.

Also noting, I feel contempt to giving all of your Succubi Terrofexes, especially when you already have Horrofexes on the Raiders, which can far more easily pin the enemy first. Invest in some Trophy Racks for them, and give them some CC weaponry. Whatever is up to you, although ensure that one has an Agoniser, as you never know what sort of monstrosities you will encounter in the world of tournies.

On a rather bizarre note, what exactly is a Tormentor Helmet? I am interpreting this as a Tormentor Helm, but please correct me if I am wrong. Seems like something that can do bad things to the wearer themselves...

Anyway, I hope this was helpful and let us know how well you do in the tournament!
    Last edited by The Hawk; February 18th, 2010 at 10:32.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A comment cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkuli
    I feel in two minds about this particular list. In one way, I look at it as completely effective against a Transport army, and one that relies on its few high toughness opponents. If you come across one such enemy as this, then you should prove to be victorious. However, if you are facing a MEQ list, I have a feeling that you will definitely struggle. It would be interesting to know which lists you have beaten with this certain army force,although this is just an initial premise.
    Interesting, since this list is mostly written as an anti-MEQ/elite army. I fought CSM and Necrons, tough non of the lists was ment to be competative.
    CSM, he had 2 squads of Marines, 1 squad Chosen, 1 unit lesser Deamons, Lord and sorceror. This game was quite easy, I out-ranged him, and was alot faster. He just dug for cover, and I shot him down with the lances for five turns. Only my lord got within 12".
    Necrons, 3 units Necrons, Lord with ress orb, 3 Heavy destroyers, 3 Wraits. After having destroyed the heavy destroyers in turn 1, he shot my lord (she failed to make the assault into terrain). Turn 2 my wyches unloaded next to his warrior (who where in terrain), pinned them and tried to kill them (somehow I only killed 8 troughout the game!). The wraits where deployed on the wrong side of the table, and where gunnen down in turn 4.

For starters, I feel that one Ravager needs to be outfitted as a complete Dissie setup, as this will totally annihilate troops and those pesky fast attacks. you state that it is hard to attack the enemy once they are in terrain, and a bombardment of Blast Templates validates my claim.
    A vallid tactic indeed, I used to run my Ravagers with tripple Dissie, but some bad experiences with mech list, led me too equiping them with three lances. I guess it's just a matter of preferance.

As your obvious strength lies in CC, I still have to ask you something... where are your Wych Weapons? They have not been included in the points cost. Never, ever leave home without them. Not to mention Plasma. An absolute must.Aside from that, I feel that the Wych squads will get torn up, as they are at near minimum squad size (two are at minimum), so consider either dropping one or two of them.
    You just missed the point of the army here, this is a shooty wych cult

Aside from that, I feel that the Wych squads will get torn up, as they are at near minimum squad size (two are at minimum), so consider either dropping one or two of them, and possible investing in something with a little more kick, possibly a squad of Reavers. Me personally, I like to use these as carrion flies, buzzing around annoying the absolute sanity out of my enemy, while my Wyches make their way up the field.
    I love reavers, and used to run two unit at 1700pts. But i ussually fill my troops first, and then take the bikes to make sure my bikes survive. But you brought up a valid point indeed, I will consider this again. Perhaps dropping al Wych squad to 5 man, and dropping one altogather. Then take two Reaver units with blasters.

Also noting, I feel contempt to giving all of your Succubi Terrofexes, especially when you already have Horrofexes on the Raiders, which can far more easily pin the enemy first. Invest in some Trophy Racks for them, and give them some CC weaponry. Whatever is up to you, although ensure that one has an Agoniser, as you never know what sort of monstrosities you will encounter in the world of tournies.
    It's I trick I learned while playing shortly after the 5th edition was released. I try too pin enemies with the Wyches whenever possible, so the Raiders can still use their Lances. It's expencive, but I like it.
    For CC weaponry (Wych weapons, Agonisers etc), I would, if I only could. The Wyches would get alot more versaitile, but alot more expensive aswell (I would need to drop either a Ravager, or a Wych squad). So I decided too put all my CC power in my lord, and keep my wyches for shooting.

On a rather bizarre note, what exactly is a Tormentor Helmet? I am interpreting this as a Tormentor Helm, but please correct me if I am wrong. Seems like something that can do bad things to the wearer themselves...
    Haha, it's a Tormentor Helm indeed. I'm not a native English (as you might have noticed), but isn't a Helmet the same as a helm?

Anyway, thanks for your advice. I'll post a brief report after the tournament!
    A tear is only water, and a sigh is only air.

+ Reply to Thread