<2000 1500 'Nids - Balanced Stuff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 'Nids - Balanced Stuff

I'm just getting back into Tyranids, which menas I just got the new codex. Looking at it, tyranids changed a lot, like they're a new army or something. I wanted to make a list that's balanced and takes advantage of the new fun stuff from the new codex. I just looked at the codex and thew this list together, please help, constructive criticism very much welcome.

HQ

~Tyranid Prime w/ Pair of Boneswords, Deathspitter, Adrenal Glands - 105
    Everything else seemed very expensive for a HQ slot, and the deathspitter seemed like the most reasonable second weapon.
    ~Tervigon - 160
    Spawns Termagants for cheapish, and is fun to sue? Seems like fun

Elites
    ~2 Zoanthropes w/ Mycetic Spore Equipped with Cluster Spines - 170
    Zoanthropes have always seemed reliable in the past, and they didn't change much with the new codex. The spore and cluster spines is awesome. Couldn't pass it up.
    ~Doom of Malantai w/ Mycetic Spore Equipped with Cluster Spines - 130
    This DoM guy seemed like lots of lulz to use. The one game I used him he took out around 10 marines, including a daemon prince with just his 6" thing. He also seemed really cheap for his model and amount of wounds. Spore reasoning like the same from before.

Troops
    ~15 Termagants - 75
    ~15 Termagants - 75
    I've always loved these guys, and they got cheaper with the new codex! Of course they are going in.
    ~4 Genestealers w/ Broodlord, Upgraded with Scything Talons - 126
    Genestealers have always been awesome against MEQs, and outflanking these guys seems awesome. Broodlord got the shaft, but he still seems like a cool dude to have. Scything talons reroll misses, fun to have for little points, and more chances to get rending.
    ~15 Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacks - 120
    Never really tried these guys before, But they are cheaper now, even though they don't have leaping.

Heavy Support
    ~Trygon Prime w/ Regeneration - 265
    ~Trygon Prime w/ Regeneration - 265
    Trygons just make me laugh when I see them. I didn't think there would be models bigger than the carnifex, but I guess I was wrong. This guy just seems awesome when he deep strikes and shoots lots, then is a bullet magnet the next turn taking fire away from the rest of my army. Regeneration just for the lulls, last game I played he got my trygon down to one wound, and I rolled 4 sixes our of five. Was great.

Total: 1491 Points

Don't know what to do with the last 9 points, but it seems like a fun list to use. I just made this to battle anyone, not against anything. Please help make this list better, I'd really appreciate it.

ALSO: How do I get model for a Tervigon? And what's appearance difference between a Tyranid Warrior and a Tyranid Warrior Prime? How should I go about making a Mycetic Spore? Does the DoM Guy look like a Zoanthrope? Or are all of these to be done being creative converting stuff?

Last edited by Tdogloftin; February 21st, 2010 at 06:23.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

+ Reply to Thread