1800 tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1800 tourney list

HQ
    Swarmlord
    -2 guard

Elite
    3 Zoanthrope
    -spore
    3 Hive guard
    DOM
    -spore

Troop
    Tervigon
    -toxin
    -adrenal
    -catalyst
    -clusterspines
    23 termigants
    24 termigants
    8 genestealers
    -scything
    8 genestealers
    -scything

Heavy
    trygon
    -adrenal glands
    Total 1796

Thoughts on this list?

Last edited by klondiker; February 24th, 2010 at 16:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list here are a few suggestions....

1. you will have issues facing lots of transports/skimmers. Zoans are great but are basically a one hit wonder, they drop destroy a vehicle then die in the next turn. This is great against av 13-14 targets, however once your two units are dead you don't have much anti armour. I would suggest taking Adrenal Glands on the trygon 7 rerollable to hit , st 7 2d6 armour pen can handle pretty much any vehicle. I would also suggest dropping one unit of Zoanthrops and pod for a unit of three hive guard. 6 toughness 6 wounds is hard to bring down and they work like 6 krak missile shots a turn that can move and shoot with no line of sight required.

2. Your genestealer unit is WAY too expensive. I am a strong believer in keeping them as cheap as possible. as they are now you are paying over 20 points a model. If you drop some of the upgrades you can make the changes i suggested here and might even be able to squeeze a third zoanthrope into the pod unit to help them survive incoming fire after they take out their target.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so i'v changed a few thing around. dropped a unit of zoanthropes for 3 hive guard which i will keep by my swarm lord. dropped some upgrades on the genestealers and now have two units of 8 instead of a unit of 12. boosted my termigants up one model in each unit.

thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that sounds a lot more threatening. I love the swarmlord but unfortunately he tends to be kind of slow and has a hard time catching food in transports. Your Hive guard will assist greatly in this situation. I would still find 1 point to give the trygon adrenal sacs, the added strength helps a lot vs tough vehicles. You can probably just drop a single gaunt out of one unit and not even notice the difference. (god bless our adorable little cannon fodder)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i cut a few guants added a third zoanthrope. (not to sure if its necessary at this point but we will see) and added adrenal to my trygon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good, be sure to let me know how it plays . ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psst, depending how you play, u could take off the adrenal glands because of the swarmlords special rules

+ Reply to Thread