NOOB NEED HELP 1850 list for tourney! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOOB NEED HELP 1850 list for tourney!

HQ
    Farseer-Singing Spear+ROW+MW=93pt
    Farseer-Spirit Stone+Doom+Fortune=130pt

Elites
    5 Fire Dragons-exarch+Firepike+Tank Hunters=115pt
    w/Wave Serpent-TW starcannon+shruiken cannon+SS=145pt
    6 Howling Banshees-exarch+mirrorsword+acrobatic=123pt
    8 Harlequin Troupe-all with HK+1 Fusion Pistol+Troupe Master+Shadowseer=236pt

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers-exarch+PW+SS+bladestorm=162pt
    10 Dire Avengers-exarch+PW+SS+bladestorm=162pt
    w/Wave Serpent-Tw bright lance+shruiken cannon+SS=155pt
    10 Storm Guardians-2 flamer=92pt
    w/Warlock-SS+Conceal=40pt
    5 Rangers-PF=120pt

Fast Attack
    5 Swooping Hawk-exarch+sunrifle+skyleap+intercept=152pt

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism-SS=125

=1850 exactly

I also have these models available.
    5 Wraithguard
    5 rangers
    1 wraithlord
    6 Striking Scorpions
    3 shining spears
    1 Avatar

I tried to go for a well versed army for either horde type style or armored style i have played a lot but never in a tournament so i could always build army knowing what i was against never needed a well rounded army. So I would like some input please and be straight i can handle it just let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I would suggest that, if you want to use smaller units of troops, you field them in a transport. Walking storm guardians are likely to get torn up by anti-infantry fire even with the conceal save. Three vehicles are not going to survive in 1850, especially not long enough to do anything, and all of your anti-tank is tied up with them.

Keeping one squad of avengers on the ground might work out, but the banshees definitely need to be in a transport

I've not seen hawks on field in ages, so I don't really know what to say for them. Not sure 5 will be enough, perhaps adding a couple more bodies to soak wounds? (I wouldn't go over 8 mind you).

Don't see the firepike as being necessary in your dragons, you should be dropping them close enough that a fusion gun on your exarch would be plenty. Tank hunters ensures death of your targets, I suppose.

Perhaps adding in your wraithlord with EML/BL to support your anti-tank shooting would help as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you say dropping swooping hawks and adding wave serpent.

and maybe drop rangers for wraithlord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I'd say that would be a fine idea. Also may I advise putting a brightlance on the waveserpent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    I'd say that would be a fine idea. Also may I advise putting a brightlance on the waveserpent.
    I don't want to highjack this thread, but why would you put a brightlance on the serpent? I'm new to Eldar, but from all I've been reading I thought the idea was to keep the serpent moving as fast as possible and their cost down. If you do that, the BL does not have a place on the vehicle. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Serpents are the most accurate way to field a brightlance since they are twin-linked, you can move 12" zap a vehicle first turn, then second turn move your unit in to attack. The point is to be fast, but there isn't always a point to going super-fast right off the bat, also having a few transports or vehicles dead right off can make it easier for your unit to get to the soft meaty troops inside, or save yourself some unwanted weapons attention..

+ Reply to Thread