2000pts eldar jetbike army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts eldar jetbike army

For a while ive wanted to do a 'speedy' eldar army, so i eventually got rounf to writing a list. ive never played eldar before and am just looking for feedback, whether or not the army would work and any improvements i could make. anyway heres the list.

Autarch 130pts
    Laser Lance
    Mandiblaster
    Eldar Jetbike

5 Shining Spears 175pts

5 Guardian Jetbikes 120pts
    1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

Vyper Squadron 350pts
    1 w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon and Holo-Field
    2 w/ Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon and Holo-field

Vyper Squadron 350pts

Fire Prism 160pts
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field

Fire Prism 160pts
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field

Falcon 195pts
    Scatter Laser
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    Vectored Engines

Any feedback will be most appriciated. thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A jetbike army will usually be wanting for staying-power which can be provided by the much-vaunted Seer Council on bikes. A bit of converting will give you an uber-unit capable of almost anything but will also reduce your model-count significantly (might not be a bad thing, bikes are expensive and the pilots are ugly). The Falcon is not a worthwhile investment here imo as are the Shuri Cannons of the Prisms and their Holofields. Holofields are nice but even a roll of 2 ones on the damage chart keeps your Prism from firing a turn. They don't make enough of a difference in the game to warrant the 35pts. I would take 3 Prisms (one can get slagged and you still have that AP3 big blast you've always wanted) and drop all upgrades save for Spirit Stones. This should free up lots of points (over 150pts).

Your Vipers are fairly expensive too considering that only one shot is good at tanks from the front. I would recommend dropping the holo-fields and guns for just EML's. You now have 6 missle shots and lots more points. The Jetbikes get another handy S6 gun for just one more bike per squad. In most cases you'd likely be better off with 3 squads of 6 (6 Shuri Cannons) and yet more saved points. The armies over-all effectiveness has not gone down and you now have hundreds of points to spend.

In terms of spending those points I'd go for either another Autarch for reserve mania. You can effectively start off the board every game and have a blast against Daemons and Drop Pods. Another option is Doomseer and a Waveserpent of Banshees. They are S3 powerweapon CC spam which becomes rediculus against Doomed enemies.

I hope all this helps you mate. The main idea is to not over-pay for your units and really focus on what you need. Eldar are plenty expensive enough as is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by WoWz@ View Post
    For a while ive wanted to do a 'speedy' eldar army, so i eventually got rounf to writing a list. ive never played eldar before and am just looking for feedback, whether or not the army would work and any improvements i could make. anyway heres the list.

Autarch 130pts
    Laser Lance
    Mandiblaster
    Eldar Jetbikei almost prefer the power weapon/fusion gun combo better

5 Shining Spears 175ptsadd exarch and star lance for sure

1 w/ Shuriken Cannontake in groups of 3, with a S cannon in each

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

Vyper Squadron 350ptsdrop all holo fields and hull mounted shuriken cannons. Replace main turret guns with either all emls, scatter lasers or shuriken cannons

Vyper Squadron 350ptssame as above, or drop completely

Fire Prism 160ptsdrop holofield and shuriken cannon
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field

Fire Prism 160ptssame as above
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field

Falcon 195ptsdrop vectored engines. this is a gun boat.
    Scatter Laser
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    Vectored Engines

Any feedback will be most appriciated. thnx
    add a seer coucnil on bikes
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I've been playtesting a jetbike army for a little while, with a view to it becoming my primary army, so here's my thoughts, take them as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWz@ View Post
    Autarch 130pts
    Laser Lance
    Mandiblaster
    Eldar Jetbike
    I like this set up. I'd look to add a fusion gun as well. doesn't impact his number of attacks and gives you a bs5 meltagun with an effective 24 inch melta range.

5 Shining Spears 175pts
    these guys are difficult to use. with an autarch attached they pack a hell of a punch, but can be found wanting in subsequent turns if they don't break a unit. it's best to use them with a unit to pin your enemy (jetbikes are good for this. a seer council is better) so they can hit and run - which requires an exarch. might as well give him a star lance as well incase you run into some tough creature and can tank hunt in a pinch

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon

1 w/ Shuriken Cannon
    the magic number for jetbikes is any multiple of 3. i'd suggest consolidating these into 3 units of 6 with 2 shurican cannons so they can stay at arms length and still put out some reasonable firepower until late game objective grabbing. warlocks with embolden may help also

Vyper Squadron 350pts

Vyper Squadron 350pts
    brightlances and starcannons do not a good mix make. you are cutting down your options of what to shoot at. dedicate your squads so that no firepower is wasted. holo fields are also a very expensive upgrade for these units and they don't help much (open topped vehicles). my favourite combinations for vypers are either a scatter laser or 2 shuricannons for around 70 points each. fly them behind the jetbike squads for cover and add to their firepower.

Fire Prism 160pts
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field

Fire Prism 160pts
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    i like fire prisms. only takes a shaken result to stop them working though. i'd drop the shuricannons and add spirit stones to keep them moving

Falcon 195pts
    Scatter Laser
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    Vectored Engines
    the best use of a falcon is to transport hard hitting units. the guns are an added bonus. i'd drop this for another prism, or 3 war walkers with scatter lasers/shuricannons. or drop it completely and use the points to bolster the list in other areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for both pieces of advise

+ Reply to Thread