1500 pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pts list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts list

Hey all . im still farily new to Necrons and 40k for that matter .. came from tomb kings

Heres my list that i have been playing last 3 weeks with some friends who are also learning,

Lord - 200
    Resurrection orb
    veil of Darkness

Warrior troops x 13 - 234
    Warrior troops x 12 - 216
    Warrior troops x 12 - 216

Heavy Destroyers x 3 - 195
    Heavy Destroyers x 3 - 195
    Monolith - 235

Total - 1491

What id like to see is some feedback on WHY you would do what you do.. like i noticed on the other lists hardly anyone uses heavy destorys.. but they just use the reg ones.. why is that ? .. stuff like that .. the reasons why you would do things will help me more then add this and take out this ..

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Destroyers, with only one wound, are extremely fragile, and they will be a first target by the opponent.
    Necrons really don't have any viable anti tank tactics or troops beside the Gauss rule, which will only either immobilize
    or destroy a weapon, this really is the only hope for taking out vehicles. Take out the main cannon of a vindicator and its pretty much useless...

This means that instead of getting heavy destroyers i would go for regular destroyers these guys in two groups of 4 are very deadly.

Also even out the warrior squads to 10 each, not only does this make it more mobile, but it will minimize your losses if a squad is engaged in close combat(which by the way u do not want!!).
    The Lord u have currently is the standard footslogging lord run that the necrons have and in my opinion really the only footslogging build. You do not want him hanging back because that would be a waist of 200 points. Make use of the veil as much as possible! The warscythe is ok for some situations, but if your going to couple your lord with warriors then i would keep the staff of light.

My standard ACL(all comers list) list that i have right now is this:
    HQ
    Necron Lord 210
    -Phylactery
    -Nightmare Shroud
    -Destroyer Body
    -Lightning Field
    -Warscythe

Troops 540
    10xWarriors
    10xWarriors
    10xWarriors

Fast Attack 460
    4xDestroyers
    4xDestroyers
    5xScarabs

Heavy Support
    1xTomb Spider XX
    1xMonolith XXX

Total: 1495

The Tomb spider there for resurrection support. The Necron lord with the destroyer body there for "bug zapping" coupled with the scarabs for more wounds.
    Personally I always try and deep strike the monolith within 18" of my troops and the tele the warrior squad up and get off some rapid fire then guass flux the shit out of
    any surrounding units.

I hope this helps!
    Necrons W:1 D:1 L:4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

2 Army list's, hmm although I think the bottom one is better it doesn't really have anything in relation to the origional list The points made on destroyers over heavy destroyers are exactly right but I don't think they are our only anti-tank. Particle whips, wraiths and destroyers against AV10 and destroyer lords with warscythes do a perfectly good job.

I also don't agree with saying that the veil + orb is the only foot slogging build. Mine I think works better in a lot of cases:
    Lord (orb, gaze of flame, chronometron, optional warscythe) Cost: 165/175
    He is there to help out with survival in combat. Reducing the chance of being cut down and thinning out enemy attacks. Then all you need is a lith to warp them out. (which is why they are VITAL to a necron list over 1.5k)

Hope this helps.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I must agree in saying that Heavy Destroyers will generally not serve you as well as standard destroyers would. Drop your two squads of heavies for two squads of four destroyers each. Lose the excess warriors, minimum squads are the only way to be price-efficient with them. The leftover points I would say to use on a close combat element. Either 10 scarabs (or 7 with d-fields) 3 wraiths, or two tombspyders. Each of these has a very different use on field, so think carefully about the decision.

EDIT: A thought on the Veil. Many players swear by it as a tactical assault wargear. Consider using it as a way to re-position yourself. Having an enemy close combat squad come barreling towards your "helpless" warriors, porting them away, and reaping down the squad with destroyer fire could save your bacon (and bacon is worth saving!). Combined with the Monolith, the Veil will greatly increase the mobility of your army, even if you don't use it for flying circus.
    Last edited by Alzer; March 1st, 2010 at 18:55. Reason: Veil comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you think i should add my Lord with the Scarabs in a unit so i can alocate wonds to the scarabs?

also with the addition of a spider would you give it the partical gun thing?
    Last edited by gwedo18; March 1st, 2010 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Lightning field is far more effective on scarabs.

I never take the particle projector myself, I might have to try it once or twice again though. The BS on the spyder is just soo poor, that I'd much rather have the extra attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so Vs IGS today . this is the list im testing out .. 1500 pts

Lord
    orb
    veil ( i think it will be good to drop mu unit of 11 skels on top of his order guys and shoot for 22 )

warrior x 10
    warrios x 10
    warrios x 11 ( just cause i had some points )

Wraiths x 2
    destoryers x 3
    destroyers x 3
    Heavy destroyers x 2 ( for his tanks )
    monolith

= 1505 .. ( we have a 5 pt leeway not sure if thats a normal rule like in fant. or not but its our house rule. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no expert but I personally think that 2 HDs won't make a difference due to the lack of shots and the extremely low survivability. If the shots were twin-linked, I would say different but they're not. Also with only two, you are probably gonna end up not getting WBB and losing the unit altogether. If you had a lord with res orb with them it would be a different story.
    Last edited by lawk; March 27th, 2010 at 03:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lawk View Post
    I'm no expert but I personally think that 2 HDs won't make a difference due to the lack of shots and the extremely low survivability. If the shots were twin-linked, I would say different but they're not. Also with only two, you are probably gonna end up not getting WBB and losing the unit altogether. If you had a lord with res orb with them it would be a different story.
    Having a lord with ResOrb near the HD's will do nothing for them if both HD models are gone. You must have at least one like model within 6" (or on table if you have a tomb spyder within 12") to pass the first rule of WBB.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Sorry. I need to memorize my codex better.

+ Reply to Thread