I win with bad lists - 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

I win with bad lists - 1500 points

Its true. Somehow, be it tactics or luck, i win a surprising amount with a really quite bad Tau list. A few of my good friends have very good Tau lists, and marvel at how I pull this off. My older list was even worse than this one! I have actually postponed my Tau's progress for a while, but I really am no good at writing Tau lists. Any help?

HQ:

Shas'O
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Multi Tracker
    Hard wired Drone controller
    2 Sheild Drones
    Stim Injector

BodyGuard
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    Hard Wired Multi Tracker

Troops:

3 Fire Warrior Squads (12 man)
    Shas'ui
    Drone controller
    Gun drones x2

Elites:

3 crisis suits
    3 sets of Twin linked fusion blasters
    Targetting arrays
    team leader
    Hard wired drone controller
    2 sheild drones

6 Stealth Suits
    targetting arrays

Fast Attack:

8 Path finders
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod
    targetting array

Heavy Support:

1 Sniper Drone team

1 broadside team leader
    advanced stabilisation system
    Hard wired mutli tracker
    Hard wired drone controller
    2 sheild drones

Total = 1504

This is a more revised version of my past list, but it is still quite bad. Old one had crisis suit squads with miss matching weapons (which worked surprisingly), photon grenades and lots of them, kroot with armou saves (silly me) and expensive stuff. Guys, can your proffesional opinions help me at all with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there i would make a few changes, they may only be my prefrences but ill give it a shot. i would change this

Troops:

3 Fire Warrior Squads (12 man)
    Shas'ui
    Drone controller
    Gun drones x2
    Fast Attack:

8 Path finders
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod
    targetting array
    total pionts in this section 686

to this instead.
    firewarrior squad x5
    7 firewarriors
    1 'ui with markerlight HW-dc marker drone and bonding knife
    new total points 675

this takes you from 8 markerlights in the army to 10 , and also allows you to spread the ML's to diffrent targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

First , welcome to the ranks of "lists that shouldn't win but do" and I'm your hostess. I only have 5 suits in my current 2k list, so you're doing a bit better than I. Still, I win more than I lose so I guess I'm getting good at suit deployment.

Second, your list isn't really "bad" , it's more in the order of "you can use those points better elsewhere".

Let's take a look ...

HQ - Take a Shas'el, give him a TA, and make the MT hard-wired. You've shaved off quite a bit of points, plus you have the same B skill as the Shas'O. Since your suit will be zipping around and using cover, the shield drones/controller/SI are all a waste of points which can be "used elsewhere".

The bodyguard is another waste/sink of points. You could just add suits to your elite slots for cheaper. They have their place (Farsight list), just not in this list.

E - Again, too many points spent in one team. You could actually fill all three elite slots with crisis teams. Two deathrain (TL MPs and TA ) teams with one fireknife (PR/MP with MT) team is the norm. Suits with TL FBs have their place, just one single suit team leader with TL FBs/TA which deep strikes into play. It's pretty much a "throw away" team, since he will only last one round (if he's lucky).

Stealth suits are "ify". I take them from time to time, mostly against horde lists and those with lots of bikes. With BCs being on your vehicles/tanks, and having better weapons on your suits, one could argue the stealth suits are a waste of points. Not to mention quite expensive after upgrades.

T - Teams of FWs should be 8 models including the shas'ui/bonding knife. Then a devilfish with DPs, and that's it. Keep the team within the fish, until there is little to no threat of anti-troop fire. When disembarked, have your fish hover so your team can fire underneath it. Opposing fire can only target the fish and not your FWs.

Squads of kroot/hounds are worth considering, but not necessary. Their primary role is to keep assault squads at bay, and away from your battle line.

FA - The TA is useless, IMO. Teams of 6-8 models/ devilfish with DP is all you need. They will be fired at, and probably blown off the board, by turn two. Again, fire beneath the devilfish, and that should increase the team's survivability.

HS - Any number of sniper drone teams is a waste. They can't hit the broad side of a barn, plus you have other teams which can do a similar role but better/cheaper.

Give your broadside leader a bonding knife, and a buddy with the ASS. You increased the team's firepower, survivability, and lasting longer in the game.

I'd highly suggest another team of broadsides and/or a hammerhead or two.

These are just my opinions

Last edited by MaleOpener; March 3rd, 2010 at 00:23. Reason: typos

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Yes, Probably a good idea, and I do love my 'suits, just don't have enough of them.... I shall now think of a list....

+ Reply to Thread