1500 standard strike list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

1500 standard strike list

this is my standard 1500 pt list, any suggestions on how i can make it a little more durable? i got a tau friend who loves 3 rail guns and 36 fire warriors

Archon, Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Animus Vitae, Trophy Racks, Xenospasm= 180
    Special Character Haemonculus(i cant remmeber his name right now codex at home)=100

8 Wych's Succubus with agoniser and combat drugs, Raider with night shields, Scythes, Slave Snares,Trophy Racks, Horrorfex, wych weapons, haywire grenades=289

10 warriors, 2 dark lances= 100
    10 warriors, 2 dark lances= 100
    5 warriors, splinter cannon, blaster, raider, night shields, Scythes, Slave Snares, Trophy Racks, Horrorfex=160

4 reaver jetbikes, 2 blasters, succubus, punisher, tormentor helm, combat drugs=186

Talos=100
    ravager 3 lances, night shields= 125
    ravager, 3 dissitegrator, night shields= 140

ths is 1500 dead, its alot of points spent in upgrades, but i cant see what else i would put it it tbh... any advice?

oh and before anyone says drugs is a bad idea, in my last game, both my squad leaders killed them selves with drugs, but my bike succubus killed 4 terminators, and wych succubus killed 7 plague marines before beath, pricey but more people should use them, they can make a hue difference if your luck is good

Last edited by Collins254; March 3rd, 2010 at 11:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, you're list has some great stuff in it but it could use a few points shaving to add more units and numbers.

HQ

Your Archon is pretty expensive. I'd recommend taking off the xenospasm if you want to keep him.
    You also might want to switch him completely to a Dracon with a punisher/helm, a shadowfield, and drugs, considering that your opponent is Tau, close combat is a real-non issue against them. This could free up around 60, maybe 70 points to add elsewhere.

If you like Urien Rakarth, go ahead and use him. However, for effectively the same price you can get 2 Haemies with destructors and scissorhands, (give em drugs if you want too.) Which are much better for their points, and well, double the threat.

Elites
    Wyches are one of the greatest close combat units in all of warhammer 40k. As you are well aware, they can take on almost any enemy and be able to hold their own against them. However, they have little to know resistance against enemy fire, which since you're playing Tau, can seriously be an issue. Since the Tau are so terrible at close combat, and have the best standard issue rifle, I'd almost not take them entirely. But this is your choice.

I would however, suggest a unit or two of grotesques. They're immune to any weapon that isn't above strength six. Not to mention the fact that they have the ability that makes the enemy automatically lose in close combat, this can really really ruin the day for the Tau. They will have to concentrate they're anti-tank fire into killing the Grotesques, and not you're precious gunboats.

If you still want to keep the wyches, I would really recommend getting rid of their combat drugs, it gives you 25 points to add numbers to your army.
    Your transports are also way to stacked, but we'll get to that shortly. Also, are you giving all of your wyches haywire grenades? Because if you are you should definately swap them for 2 blasters. They're much cheaper and more tactically viable for wyches.

Troops and Transports
    These are your game winners. They're the only things that can capture objectives and are also the ones who can spit out sick firepower, either at range, or on the move. Once more, I'd reccommend dropping the combat drugs, which frees you up another 25 points. (which will buy you much more warriors.)
    Your Sniper Squads are perfectly fine, as I still use them and have been since 4th. They almost never fail me and can just sit on an objective in your deployment until the end of days.

Since you're playing Tau, and they have Hammerheads, there really isn't much you can do besides moving your Raiders and Ravagers around so they either get a cover save, or out of Line of Sight. The Night Shields really aren't going to help you so i'd reccomend dropping them. Also, Tau aren't likely to charge anything of yours let alone your transports, so you could drop the scythes. If you want to keep the Slave Snares though, they are pretty fun from time to time, but by dropping them, you free up a lot more points.

Heavy
    You really don't need the Talos, it's too slow, and just can't keep up with your army. Also, by the time it hits their lines it will probably either have one wound left, or just be flat out dead. If anything, get another Ravager sporting three Dark Lances, this makes for much more firepower.

Fast Attack
    I like the Reavers, but once more, by getting rid of the combat drugs on those guys, you get enough points for one extra reaver jetbiker right there.

Try getting more numbers, and more units in cheaper, bare raiders. If anything you'll be getting more Dark Lances to take out those pesky Hammerheads, as well as TEQ and MEQ. Target Attrition is one of the best things we have in 1500 point games especially against the Tau. By getting more units, in more Raiders, he won't know what to shoot at. And the second that your Raiders hit his lines, he should be done for.

Anyway, good luck!
    ;o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

hey thanks for your reply, it will be alot of help for what im gunna buy next which is what this list is really, after using this list i got 2 spare wych's and 5 spare warriors, but il def get grotesques (for good measure coz i got the actual Urien model so i get betterones for the same price )
    i know the talos is slow and it dies almost every game, but it soaks up soo much shooting from my raiders
    do you know how many jet bikes come in a pack? i already have the 5 that come in the box set so i really either only need one or 4 to make 2 or 3 units of 3 bikes with 2 blaters

i know my comment looked tau specific, but i dont play him that often, its just he is the only player i havnt beat (managed a draw this week but only coz there were only 3 objectives and 2 were in my deployment zone)

il prob drop some drugs somehwere for more points but im keeping the haywire grenades for monoliths and my templar freind (coz blaters can only ever glance his land raiders)

the raider upgrades are mostly only there until i get some more models, in which case i may keep the horrorfex's and night shields (not great against tau but good vs everyone else)

thanks for your advice, il prob pick up some grotesques next week (and i think im playing eldar or orks next week, and the eldar scare me, the guy is really hard to beat, i dont play him often and i only beat him the one time coz my lord just wouldnt fail an inv save and killed 2 units of dark reapers, a unit of fire dragons and 3 harlequins on his own!!!)

Wish me luck
    Last edited by Collins254; March 4th, 2010 at 10:27.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

On the whole I think in the same line as Dim: get rid of some expensive upgrades and get more bodies. Especially the troop section needs some beefing up: you've only got one mobile unit to grab objectives, if it gets shot with only 5 bodies it will day very fast.

So disregarding the models you own: I would suggest the following changes:
    Beef op the Raider squad to 8 or 10 and loose all raider upgrades maybe keep the night shield as it helps very well vs rapid fire weapons. Also the horrorfex is very usefull for pinning.

Furthermore drop the upgrades on the Whych raider, loose the HWG and add PG, they want to be hitting on I (goes as well for HQ). Loose the drugs, agreed, it can boost some CC efficiency but you have than about 45 point gear on a 22 point single wound model. Which make a single wound for 67 points... serious handicap.

For the Reavers I would suggest to trim them down to 3-4 reaver with only 2 blaster upgrades for some very mobile AT.

In total you will be saving about 150 points, which can be used to add another raider squad.

A little remark on your Archon: they can only be equipped with a total of 100 points of wargear, I'm afraid you have passed it...

Personnally I would remove the night shields form the Ravagers: most of the time they will be fired at by range 48" weapons, where the 6" doesn't change a lot. It frees up another 40 points. I would also want a ravages for 3 DL extra. Dark Matter for the win! This and giving your opponent 7 skimmer targets makes him have a hard time.

To my feel 5th edition is all about mobility and cover saves. Our troops are very squishy and thus prefer to stay in their transport because a 4+ save in cover is not enough to keep them alive long enough.

edtit: Oh, btw: how did your battles went, any luck?
    Last edited by El_Jairo; March 11th, 2010 at 17:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

sorry i havnt been paying attention to the dark eldar section so much for a while(things are a little slow on this front) my games both went well, i beat the eldar guy by 1 killpoint (wouldve been more if the falcons didnt have Holofields, man they refuse to die.

i butchered the ork guy, it wasnt even funny, i lost a wych, thats it i had some ridiculously good luck combined with his really poor list,

since then i still havnt beaten the tau guy lol, could buy the grotesques coz out of stock but my mate has some he is selling me when he finds them. but i havnt lost a game, and i honetly felt sorry for some of the people i play, my last game was againt dark angels with the new battle missions(the 3rd Dark eldar one) urien kicked ass in that game, killing 4 Ravenwing bikes and 3 terminators in 2 turns with his flamer. i almost lost my wychs to a dreadnought(thank god for hit and run )and only unit i lost was my bikes, 3 of em to shooting, and i lost the succubus when his last tank exploded LOL

im really loving this list, and the drugs do me soo well, im really reluctant to drop them.

oh and about the archon thing, weapons dont count towards wargear limit lol
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Collins254 View Post
    Archon, Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Animus Vitae, Trophy Racks, Xenospasm= 180
    This HQ isn't valid... you can only give a maximum of 100pts for a character and in your case its 120pts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

no, its 1 one handed weapon and 1 two handed weapon and 100 points of wargear, the weapon isnt bought from the wargear section so doesnt count
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... oh well that changes my possibilities...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

lol im glad to be of help , and dw lots of people make the same mistake, i did when i first started with my guard army a while ago now , though obv i never used all the wargear limit someone pointed out to me i could

+ Reply to Thread