Librarium Online Forums banner

1000 Point Tau, New player looking for advice :)

501 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Iggynous 
#1 · (Edited)
I just sat down with the codex two days ago and have leafed through it a couple of times (as well as read some on this forum). I am not even sure these are legal configurations or if I have computed the points correctly. My notes are added below the list.

Command - 97

Shas'El
Targeting Array
Plasma Rifle
Missle Pod
Multi-tracker (HW)

Troops - 239

10x Firewarriors
Shas'ui
Bonding Knife

9x Kroot Carnivores
Shaper
Armor Save
4x Kroot Hound

Elite - 209

3x Crisis Battle Suit
2x Fusion Blaster
2x Plasma Rifle
2x Multi-Tracker
Team Leader (Shas'vre)
Cyclic Ion Blaster
Plasma Rifle
Targeting Array
Multi-tracker (HW)

Fast Attack - 145

5x Path Finders
Devil Fish
Disruption Pod

Heavy Support - 310

2x Hammerhead Gunship
Railgun
Burst Cannon
Disruption Pod

Grand Total: 999 Points

Notes:

1) People seem against the Cyclic Ion Blaster, I added to the crisis team because it fits well with the ranges of the teams weapons and should make them more versitile.

I don't know. I see this working very well and being able to deal with a variety of threats... but I have never even touched a warhammer piece so I will let you guys be the judge of that. Thanks in advance for any help or flames (before I make my purchase!) :).

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello :) and welcome

here's what i personally think you needa do...

drop the shaper and the armour saves from the kroot and 4 firewarriors, and get another 10kroot w/ 5hounds squad

drop the targetting array from your Shas'el (BS4 with pathfinders on the field is fine)

make your elites either Fireknife(plasma and missle pod and multi-tracker) or Deathrain(twin linked missle pod and targetting array)

any spare points after that, put into more elites

(i would also swap 2 railheads for 2 broadsides in a 1000pts game, but thats just cuz i don't have any hammerhead models :p)

#6 ·
i personally think putting iridium armour on is a very silly thing to do, because XV8s excel because of their mobility mostly.

drones are good at soaking up shots, and body gaurds are good too, but both are pricey.

i suggest getting another team of elites and sticking him with them in the first turn

#8 ·
make sure you carefully think about your colour scheme

i bought my models and just wanted to play, so didn't think 2 much about a colour scheme, and ended up just doing the generice Vermin/Vomit brown colour scheme

they look great yeah, but i regret not doing something personalised

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.