200 point tau kill team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    200 point tau kill team

    my local GS is going to have a Kill team turny so im taking

    (x2) crisis battlesuits 123 points

    shas'ui 48 pts
    twin linked flamers
    missile pod
    multi-tracker
    Shas'ver 75 pts
    Burst cannon
    missile pod
    shield generator

    (x10)kroot 70 points

    just asking if i should change any thing and any tips would be appreciated


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    No Life King Alzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin/Minnesota, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

    Please post Army List threads in the appropriate Army List subforum.

    *Thread Moved*

    Thank you,
    Alzer

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    ok sorry about that



    * x10 kroot for 70 points

  5. #4
    Senior Member Blasterdude3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Age
    20
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

    kill team doesnt allow multi wound models, your only options are drones, fire warriors, pathfinders, or kroot. there is vespid but its not recomended. (jump infantry gets you one klaxon counter every time they move). if your talking about the new kill team in battle missions then its fine, but i recomend a larger force.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alamo, CA
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

    the list that took 3rd in the kill team tourney I won bout 2 weeks ago was...

    11 fire warriors
    pirana (I know i spelled it wrong)

    But I think the all kroot one is better, because you can field
    10 kroot
    10 hounds
    2 krootox

    and that's 22 models, 2 of which can't infiltrate, but 20 can and then you're already 18 inches away from your opponent so you move 6" run d6" and 2nd turn you've assaulted. Not many kill teams have enough shots to make you take Ld check 1st turn with that many models. Although if your playing DE or nids I'd shoot them over assault, they're better than you.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    ok thx
    do you game at the gs in Alamo?

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alamo, CA
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by combatwombat View Post
    ok thx
    do you game at the gs in Alamo?
    yep gw alamo. we're actually trying to get another one (kill team tourney thing) goin'.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Collins254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Aberdare, Wales, UK
    Age
    26
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by girlhunter2102 View Post
    the list that took 3rd in the kill team tourney I won bout 2 weeks ago was...

    11 fire warriors
    pirana (I know i spelled it wrong)

    But I think the all kroot one is better, because you can field
    10 kroot
    10 hounds
    2 krootox

    and that's 22 models, 2 of which can't infiltrate, but 20 can and then you're already 18 inches away from your opponent so you move 6" run d6" and 2nd turn you've assaulted. Not many kill teams have enough shots to make you take Ld check 1st turn with that many models. Although if your playing DE or nids I'd shoot them over assault, they're better than you.
    umm i hate to say this but if you take krootox then they count as members of one big squad and therefore noone can infiltrate...
    so you may aswel take 20kroot and 10 kroot hounds for 200 points, which is ridiculous ammounts of shots/ attacks in cc

    just hope you dont have to fight noise marines(though you shouldnt at this level)
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alamo, CA
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Collins254 View Post
    umm i hate to say this but if you take krootox then they count as members of one big squad and therefore noone can infiltrate...
    so you may aswel take 20kroot and 10 kroot hounds for 200 points, which is ridiculous ammounts of shots/ attacks in cc

    just hope you dont have to fight noise marines(though you shouldnt at this level)
    Ordinarily you're right the krootox make it so you can't infiltrate but at the kill teams level each model is an individual, so the ox can't, naturally, but the kroot still can. That is of course unless I've read the kill team rules incorrectly.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    18 (x1)

    Hey quick question for you Tau Kill Team guys. How do you play your drones that you buy as wargear? Gun drones would be easy as they are just their own models but what about Stealth suit drones? They would lose their stealth ability right when they hit the board right? And shield drones? Do they just take their buyers armor value and go bumping into terrain? Seems to me if they were their own units it would be a disadvantage to take drones of any kind. Thanks for any responses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts