<1000 1500 pt Necron Army List vs Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Necron Army List vs Space Marines

Hi all
    Hope all is well with you guys.
    Just looking fior some comments on my new army list. Up untill recently I have been just fielding a lord, 3 destroyers a monolith and filling the rest up with warriors but with 5th ed out I am finding it quite difficult to win (due to failing morale tests in CC and being annihilated) I mostly play against Space Marines with LRR (MM, assault cannon, 2 flamestorm), dread (with MM, DCCW, flamer), termies (power fists, stormbolters), librarian (vortex of doom, stormbolter, force weapon), 2 marine squads (flamer, missile launcher), 10 scouts (snipers), sgt tellion and 2 drop pods. When the termies deep strike and assult they will ALWAYS wipe me out since I will undoutably fail CC, take a leadership test (and always fail) then its d6+I (which again is always a fail) so a squad of 10-20 warriors is destroyed which usually triggers phase out.
    So here is my new list with a bit of CC support:

HQ
    Necron Lord - 165
    1 Necron Lord with: phylactery, resurrection orb, warscythe

TROOPS
    Necron Warriors - 180
    10 Necron Warriors

Necron Warriors - 180
    10 Necron Warriors

ELITES
    Flayed Ones - 180
    10 Necron Flayed Ones

Immortals - 280
    10 Necron Immortals

FAST ATTACK
    Destroyers - 150
    3 Necron Destroyers

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Monolith - 235
    1 Monolith

Heavy Destroyer - 65
    1 Necron Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer - 65
    1 Necron Heavy Destroyer

TOTAL
    Points – 1500
    Models – 46
    Phase Out – 11

Thanks heaps guys

Yoshi

Last edited by yoshi46; March 15th, 2010 at 12:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there,

I ran a 1500pts list against an SM friend. My advice would be to get a second monolith as its pie plate really does wonders against those saves. What I did was deploy in one corner of the table with 3 squads of warriors, protected by a scythe/phase shifter/ Orb lord. One monolith on each side, and a squad of destroyers hidden behind a mono.

The trick is to pie plate as much as you can, disable vehicles with destroyers (a Vindicator in my battle), and get charged between the monos. You should be in range of the orb at all times, and portalling should let you rapid-fire enough to deal some damage. I took out a squad of 10 termies with minimal casualties.

So I'd say
    - get a third warrior unit
    - drop immortals and flayed ones
    - I'm not a fan of heavy D's

A lord with phase shifter and a scythe can really do some harm, and you can add a spyder with him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ is perfect, just waltz along with a miny phalanx with troops on either side of him and him charging to hit any elite units.
    Troops, i must say add another troops choice or increase the number in the squads
    Elites, I would prefer to take a sqaud of Pariahs instead of the others, just keep them shielded behind the warriors.
    Fast attack, I can not stress this enough, but get a large squad of scarabs, turbo-boost them towards the enemy, pick your combats and avoid flamers, and add more destroyers.
    Heavy, monolith is probably a good idea, but drop the heavy destroyers unless he starts taking any more heavy tanks, use yourmonolith to destroy the tanks.

just my two cents, but this army is pretty good against a mech/assault army if you keep your units hidden and just send the mono foward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swap out the immortals for more destroyers if possible. The range and mobility of the destroyers is much more useful in a list like this, not to mention you want to increase the output and WBB survivability of them. Still, its up to you.

Also, how can terminators be sweeping you? Their rules explicitly state that they may not perform sweeping advances.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Space marines HATE monoliths, necon lords with warscythe and warrior spam with orbs. They don't mind immortals as much though because their most effective way of getting rid of necrons (vindicators) kills immortals just as easily as warriors.

I would drop:
    10 Immortals
    2 Heavy Destroyers
    Phylactery

I would add:
    10 Warriors
    Monolith
    Chronometron (helps a LOT at avoiding being cut down.

Personally I would think about dropping the flayed ones for more destroyers but thats personal preference.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

+ Reply to Thread