<3000 2500 point ard boy list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

2500 point ard boy list

this isnt exactly my style but the large amount of points allows me more options.
    2500 Tau tournament list

HQ:
    shas'o: Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, plasma rifle, shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker and target lock, stim. injector, bonding knife
    Bodyguards: 2x PR, 2x MP, 2x shield generators, 2x hard wired multi-tracker and target lock

Elites:
    2x crisis suits: 1x twin-linked fusion blaster, 1x fusion blaster missile pod, 2x targeting arrays, team leader w/ hard-wired multi-tracker
    2x crisis suits: 1x twin-linked flamer, 1x flamer missile pod, 1x multi-tracker, 1x target lock
    6x stealth suits: 6x targeting arrays, shas’vre w/ bonding knife

Troops:
    12x fire warriors: photon grenades, Shas'ui/w bonding knife
    Devilfish: disruption pods, multi-tracker, flechette dischargers
    Devilfish: disruption pods, multi-tracker, flechette dischargers
    Devilfish: disruption pods, multi-tracker, flechette dischargers (this is the pathfinders devilfish)
    17x kroot carnivores 3x kroot hounds

Fast Attack:
    7x pathfinders: team leader w/ bonding knife
    Piranha: flechette dischargers, disruption pod

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead: Railgun, disruption pods, multi-tracker, smart missile system, flechette dischargers, target lock
    Hammerhead: Railgun, disruption pods, multi-tracker, burst cannon, flechette dischargers, target lock
    Broadsides: 2x advanced stabilization systems, shas’vre w/ hard-wired drone controller 1x shield drones

Total: 2500
    also does anyone know what the date is this year?

Last edited by Blasterdude3; March 16th, 2010 at 23:23.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love all the FW!

does a commander really need a bonding knife? the only time he will need to use it is when his 2 BG die, and then doesn't he just count as an independant character so him being on his own is fine?

and shield generators look cooler, but aren't shield drones better? they are cheaper, and offer the same protection; BUT if you fail the ++save, only the drone dies, not your suit (considering that alot of AP1/2 are guna be instant kills). Sure, you'll need to take a leadership test for 25% losses, but your HQ has Ld10. Also, drones can be used as a wall when your charged, meaning you suits stay out of CC. But then again shield generators look cool

just my thoughts

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Looks like a solid list. A couple things I would consider are:
    - Dropping the stealth suits. They are a huge points-sink and they will statistically kill less than 3 MEQs per turn.
    - Adding a broadside. At 2500 there is potential for 20+ vehicles on the table, or 7 land raiders.
    - Equip all your crisis suits in a single squad with the same wargear. This way they will be more efficient at what they do, and they are all designed to be at a certain range.

IIRC the prelims are on May 16th. I might be wrong but it's some time in mid-late May. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyObeseMonkey View Post
    - Dropping the stealth suits. They are a huge points-sink and they will statistically kill less than 3 MEQs per turn.
    very true.

but they can be a great harrasing unit early in-game. infiltrate them to 24" from the enemy(in cover preferably), and from turn 1 they can JSJ distract and annoy your foe from relative safety since the average spotting distance for your enemy is less than 24".

and rather than giving each suit a TA, give them a GD. on average each suit will still get 2 hits, but now there a 6 extra wounds in the squad, and a chance to get 6 more hits. and the meager chance of pinning is not bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Iggynous View Post
    very true.

but they can be a great harrasing unit early in-game. infiltrate them to 24" from the enemy(in cover preferably), and from turn 1 they can JSJ distract and annoy your foe from relative safety since the average spotting distance for your enemy is less than 24".

and rather than giving each suit a TA, give them a GD. on average each suit will still get 2 hits, but now there a 6 extra wounds in the squad, and a chance to get 6 more hits. and the meager chance of pinning is not bad.
    this is why i took them, and thats alot of shots needing threes to hit, and i ussually infiltrate them so they'll do lots of damage early.
    i thought about the sheild drones, but to me i dont like the prospect of possibly (and albeit slim) losing my HQ because he was disheartened about his drone diying.
    as for the gun drones, again id like not to lose that many points because a few gun drones bit the dust.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread