<1000 1750 Rogue Trader - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

1750 Rogue Trader

Hey everybody. This tournament is still a ways off (May I think) but since it's a RT it means I have some serious painting to do before then, so I figured I'd post it now.

HQ
    Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Doom, and Fortune (with Banshees)
    155 pts

Farseer with Guide and Singing Spear (With Storm Guardians)
    78 pts

Elites
    5 Fire Dragons
    80 pts
    Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Shuriken Cannons and Spirit Stones
    110 pts

10 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner and Acrobat
    187 pts
    110 pts

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Dual Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm
    152 pts
    Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit Stones
    130 pts

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Dual Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm
    152 pts
    Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit Stones
    130 pts

10 Storm Guardians with 2 Fusion Guns, Warlock with Embolden and Singing Spear
    125 pts
    110 pts

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism
    115 pts

Fire Prism
    115 pts

Total: 1749 points

In the past I haven't worried much about the Painted Score or Army Comp. but this time I have enough decently painted models that I figured I'd make a go of it, and maybe at least get a higher painted score towards best overall. I have no idea how this would do for army comp since I never really paid attention to what they look for (I just know they frown on doing busted lists). So anyway, there's the list, let me know what you think.

Last edited by Der_Kaiser; March 17th, 2010 at 18:16.
    The enemy's gate is down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. It has Mech and still has some diversity in the units you took.. I'm pretty impressed =D

Not a HUGE fan of Mech lists but this one actually has some infantry potential to it also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Hmm, there's something about this that I like, but something's keeping me from giving it the full endorsement.

Maybe not enough EMLs, you've only got two.

One thing I've noticed, though, is that you should probably give your storm guardians Flamers, and the warlock Destructor, instead of fusion guns. BS3 won't hit the broad side of a barn, but two flamers + heavy flamer followed up by a charge is enough to put the pain on anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

The storms get the guide seer so they have 2 rerolling fusion guns and 2 rerolling singing spears giving them 4 AT shots that have a better than average chance of hitting. I am very interested to see how the unit works as they become a scoring unit with good tank hunt potential. they would still be extremely fragile is the biggest downside I could see but with dragons and some banshees to worry about perhaps they can manage to stick around a while.

If you are worried about comp scores I think you have done about everything you can to avoid a bad score short of not playing mech. You have multiple types of troops and elites, you don't have any SC and didn't fill out your heavy slots with 3 of the same thing.

All told I think the list is good, I have played similar lists often but generally only have the 1 farseer using the extra points for a few more AT guns on serpents and changing the storms to the tri flamer build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

I have considered doing tri-flamer stormies and removing the second farseer for a couple brightlances. The only trouble there is that AT weapons on my wave serpents never seem to do it for me. My experiences have said that one die is never enough. Plus my farseers are among my best painted minis. It'd be a shame not to use them when painted score counts for something. That said I am definitely a fan of more anti-tank, and I have a tendency to use that guardian squad in the same way I use my fire dragons (ie suicide bombers) which is a big no-no with troops, so I guess the solution there is to either start protecting them better or change them up. Over-all they're sort of 50-50. They've had some great games, and they've had some games where they bounce off of something and die.
    The enemy's gate is down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Well, the Twin Linked brightlances are more likely to hit the enemy than a BS4 tank, so I mean, you can't really go wrong with more brightlances. :p

+ Reply to Thread