<1000 1200pts Semi-mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200pts Semi-mech

HQ
    Faseer 98pts- Singing Spear- Doom- Runes of Warding

ELITES
    5 Fire Dragons 80 pts
    - Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon)

8 Striking Scorpians 175 pts
    - Exarch (Scorpian's Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker)

TROOPS
    6 Rangers 144pts
    - Pathfinders

10 Dire Avengers 152 pts
    - Exarch (2 shuriken catapults, Bladestorm)
    - Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, EML) 130pts

6 Guardian Jetbikes 152 pts
    - 2 Shuriken Cannons

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Wraithlord 155 pts
    - 2 flamers
    - EML
    -Bright Lance

TOTAL: 1201 pts
    Hey,
    A run-down of basic tactics: Farseer joins the Dire Avenger squad for some Dooming & Bladestorming goodness. Pathfinders will camp on the home objective, while the jetbikes will do the objective grabbing in the endgame. Wraithlord will hopefully attract some of the incoming fire while shooting off a few missiles of its own. Fire Dragons will go hunt some tanks, and the Scorpians will infiltrate and tackle a unit to chop up and will with a bit luck cause a mess of the opponent's depolyment.
    Well that's the plan anyway.
    I've barely begun my 500pt army but I now know where I should get to hopefully by the end of June (so 1200pts it is).Would very much like any comments on the list.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Skyleap; March 24th, 2010 at 09:08. Reason: Didn't come out right
    Fear is of the unknown...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is likely to get all spread out once the game gets going. Your Dragons want to zoom forward, your DA's sort of do as well while your Wraithlord is going to take a long time to walk up. If you keep the Farseer near the lord then an entire squad of DA's is crippled in movement. If you don't you risk losing whole turns of movement (and you have none to spare). Any unit reaching your own objective will easily wrest it from the Pathfinders.

I like Scorpion squads in Mech as they start nice and close to the enemy and are initially a more temping target then Waveserpents.

Try to also consider other types of games aside from objectives. Can this list lay down some hurt without suffering many KP losses in return?

If it was me I would do one of two things:
    -drop the Wraithlord and Pathfinder for more mobile options. This will be taking you to full mech which I assume you don't want. As as alternative:
    -drop the Jetbikes down to 3 (saving 76pts) and get a basic seer (you'll need another few points). This seer can play Bioshock with the Wraithlord (little sister, big daddy). At 1200 pts you'll have a good home objective (try taking down a fortuned Wraithlord!) and a forward element. Also, 2 Seers a load of fun.

At 1200 your options are limited and so are my ideas. For 1500 you'll be able to get another Serpent and 10 DAs/Storm Guardians and then you're all set for mech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! The second option appeals a lot to me. With the limited ideas, quality not quantity.
    With the kill points: I dunno, what do you think? The list right now has 9 kill points right?.
    I'm really inexperienced so, I'm not sure how well this list will go in an kill points mission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to bring this thread back up again, but I would like some confirmation on my final list before setting out to start buying everything .

HQ
    Farseer 103pts
    - Singing Spear
    - Fortune
    - Runes of Warding

Farseer 80pts
    - Doom

ELITES
    5 Fire Dragons 80 pts
    - Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon)

8 Striking Scorpians 175 pts
    - Exarch (Scorpian's Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker)

TROOPS
    6 Rangers 144pts
    - Pathfinders

10 Dire Avengers 152 pts
    - Exarch (2 shuriken catapults, Bladestorm)
    - Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, EML) 130pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes 66 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Wraithlord 155 pts
    - 2 flamers
    - EML
    -Bright Lance

TOTAL: 1200 pts

Anyways, just wondering about the effectiveness of 3 Jetbikes (their main job[for me] is the objective grabbing in the endgame). They really seem incapable of killing anything. Fortuneseer will team up with the Wraithlord, other details should be in the original post. And can someone tell me how this list will fair in a kill points mission?

Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by Skyleap; April 14th, 2010 at 08:24.

+ Reply to Thread